Author Topic: My Map Crashes in the Map Maker :(  (Read 839 times)

Offline Spectra-Sky

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My Map Crashes in the Map Maker :(
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:43:58 pm »
I was working on a map and it worked for a while (about half way through)... when I got some meshes that I put into the game, I tried to load up my map on map maker but it crashed :< I tried again and again and it would still crash; I tried restarting my computer as well, there was no luck there. What's strange is my other map works just fine, but the one I'm working on doesn't... so... help, maybe?

Also the meshes I had put into the game were through Object Maker under a category Hammy's Meshes, for those meshes, yes. Is it the meshes? Should I get rid of them (also how do I do that)?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: My Map Crashes in the Map Maker :(
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »
Have you made sure everything is okay with your heightmap? Common map maker crashes can be contributed to:
1)The file not being 513x513
2)The file not being Grayscale
3)The file still having an alpha channel on. Make sure you have alpha channels turned off
4) The file having more than one layer. Make sure you compress or flatten your file to have one layer before you save it in your image editing program.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Spectra-Sky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 07:56:36 pm »
If that were the case it wouldn't have worked half-way through. I've put a bunch of items on the map already lol, but for some reason it crashes.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »
If I were you, I would still check for that. It's a common issue with map maker crashing.

Also, this usually causes the entire game to crash but it still might be worth a check to see if you have any duplicate particle files in your particles folder C:\FeralHeart\media\particles

Duplicate particle files will usually end in _01 or _02
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 12:58:09 pm »
Do you think you could provide a screenshot of your my_objects folder? It will be easier to spot an issue in there visually than have to guess.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Spectra-Sky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:35:15 pm »

Here ya go.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »
I don't see anything unusual there. Maybe I could suggest you take them all out of the my_objects folder (as well as the installed .object files in the objects folder) and put them in a new folder on your desktop. Then, add the different objects in the my_objects folder on by one (Example; thing.mesh, thing.material, thing.png/.jpg) and see if there is a particular object that is causing all of these issues. If so, you might have to remove that particular object and maybe try to get the original download back and try again to correct it.

If that doesn't work then we'll just try to look into it further.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone