Author Topic: Excessive crashing to map servers  (Read 631 times)

Offline Pferdegesicht

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • SCREAMS FOR NO REASON?
    • View Profile
Excessive crashing to map servers
« on: June 26, 2017, 03:11:29 am »
For about a month this has been taking place:

I can stay logged in for a varying amount of time, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter, until I inevitably get thrown from the map server. I cannot stay on longer than twenty minutes before crashing, and this is not a map specific problem: Feralheart behaves the same way in any other map besides the one I frequent. These are public maps as well.

I have explored reasons that this might have happened. Earlier, the internet set up in my house was changed, and since then Feralheart has done this. To solve it, I've tried switching both wifi connections and trying a wired connection. It makes no difference.

I have reinstalled the game once to make sure it is not an internal problem, and the log in page, as annoying as it it, is not the source of this problem. It stays perfectly stable while the game itself seems to be bucking servers.

Any idea what could be happening to cause this, and how I could solve it to get the game to run properly again without its periodic outbursts?
If I had a nickel for every meme that has tainted my blood, I could buy at least 4 yachts.

HORSE FACE HORSE FACE

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Excessive crashing to map servers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 08:40:44 pm »
You can try downloading this reloader: Reload Every (Mozilla Firefox)
All you have to do is to login from here (Login) and type in your username and password.
After that, you just have to right click anywhere on the page and select your time (every 10-30 seconds).

Make sure to do not minimize your browser in the background (open FeralHeart on top of it).

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Excessive crashing to map servers
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:36 pm »
You can try what Valhayes recommended and see if that helps, but there is no longer a need to refresh the login tab as often as before often. You can set your refreshing tool to refresh about every 45-50 minutes. On the login tab it states:
Please note if your using a page refreshing addon this page now only needs to be reloaded once an hour

If I were you, I would definitely look into problems that might be occurring with your network connection. That is likely the issue with this. My first recommendation would be to plug your device in directly to the router via Ethernet but it seems you have already done that?

Try running a complete power cycle of your router and/or modem. Unplug your router or modem, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. As an extra measure, restart your PC and then try logging into FeralHeart and seeing if the problem still persists.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:44:19 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.