Author Topic: Failed to Connect To Server??  (Read 1513 times)

Offline MamaJynx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Failed to Connect To Server??
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:04 am »
Hello,

So currently ive been through so many threads and videos on how to fix my feral heart game download and NOTHING is working!! :(

What currently is going on for me personally is ive downloaded the program, ill log into the  Play Game option and keep the page up and when i go to log into my account on the actual game it sits for a second and goes to "Failed to Connect to Server." Now ive checked my internet (Its fine), Ive disabled my firewall (I got tired of trying to mess with it so i just canceled it all together), ive tried letting it complete seeding but literally it was up for 8+ hours and nothing happened. Now ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling like 10000000 times.

I was at all times trying to log in by using the Play Game option so its not that im not doing that. X>X I really dont know what to do as i dont thing its my account that is having the problem. I havent used it in a while because i didnt have a laptop at the moment but i can log in everywhere else, it just wont let me into the game itself. My connection is really good!

Another problem i have noticed is that when i download the program i decided to go into the Preset option for creations and the background of this is completely white and when i go to put markings on they will not show up unless i add wings? They stay after i delete the wings but if i want to change or add markings they disappear? Im not really sure how to explain this??

I can however do a Join.me to show and explain my situation if needed. Im just really frustrated as i stayed up last night to 5 am trying to get this darnned thing to work.

I do have a windows 7 computer? Idk if that will cause any problems or not. But any help would be great! Ive went through what seems like days worth of work trying to get my game to connect and run correctly!

THANK YOU!!! I really would appreciate any tips!!!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Failed to Connect To Server??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:30:14 am »
You might be behind a proxy. Here's a quote that might help:

Quote from: Morgra
You might have a proxy which can cause connection issues between connecting to the login tab and connecting to the game.
Do you by chance know if you have any proxies within your browser?
A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed. By connecting through one of these servers, your computer sends your requests to the proxy server which then processes your request and returns what you were wanting. In this way it serves as an intermediary between your home machine and the rest of the computers on the internet. Proxies are used for a number of reasons such as to filter web content, to go around restrictions such as parental blocks, to screen downloads and uploads and to provide anonymity when surfing the internet. - WhatIsMyIP.com

Proxies will make it so the IP address of your browser (where you're connecting to the login tab page from) and the IP address that you're connecting to the game client with are different from one another, thus, causing connectivity issues. If you are unsure if you are running a proxy, try this:

- Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and make note of what IP address is listed there in the upper left corner. Do not post that IP address here as that is for your eyes only.
- Then, download this http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip, run it, and see what IP address it gives you when it is complete.

If these two do not match then you are likely running a proxy in your browser.

Information courtesy of Raz
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline MamaJynx

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:52:36 am »
Is there a way to take off the proxy? I do infact have 2 different Ips!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:02:09 am »
The instructions are different per browser so here's a link to a simple helpful guide:
https://www.enigmasoftware.com/how-to-disable-proxy-settings-browser/
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline MamaJynx

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:15:05 am »
Hmm... It was off already. Its still not working.

Idk what else there is to do. Ive went through allll of my settings over and over again. Im unsure why it doesnt want to work

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 02:25:59 am »
Ok so it's not a browser proxy then...
Are you perhaps on a VPN or have anything that might be making your computer use a different IP address? Such as Hamachi or a Virtual Machine?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:00:07 pm »
  • Make sure to give the "Play Game" tab a minute to connect and then launch your FH game client and login through there with the same account.
  • Try logging on from another web browser.
  • Try logging to the "Play Game" tab on a tablet or mobile device.

Let us know if this doesn't help either. I hope your problem will be solved soon.

Signature art by Kynvuu