Author Topic: Make my map open to the public? (SOLVED) 2017  (Read 1043 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Make my map open to the public? (SOLVED) 2017
« on: August 29, 2017, 12:56:53 am »
Hey, I made a pretty cool map, but it is boring without other people in it to play with, is there a way to make my map open to the public and accessible by anyone? Because if there is please tell me! I love making maps but I find it as a waste of time and pretty boring after I am done if no one else can join and play on it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:35:55 am by ShadowMT13 »

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Make my map open to the public?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:15:01 am »
There is a way! Here you go:

> Load your map in the Map Maker.
> Click the "export" button.
> Wait for it to finish exporting everything, then click ok on all the messages that popped up.
> Go to FeralHeart > exports, there should now be a bunch of files here; These are what you use to share your map with other people.
> Right click on your desktop, Hover over "New" and left click "Compressed (Zipped) folder".
> Give that folder a name, then put all the export files from FeralHeart > exports into the new .zip.
> Upload this .zip to a site like MediaFire or Dropbox.
> Share the link with other people!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:24 am »
There is a way! Here you go:

> Load your map in the Map Maker.
> Click the "export" button.
> Wait for it to finish exporting everything, then click ok on all the messages that popped up.
> Go to FeralHeart > exports, there should now be a bunch of files here; These are what you use to share your map with other people.
> Right click on your desktop, Hover over "New" and left click "Compressed (Zipped) folder".
> Give that folder a name, then put all the export files from FeralHeart > exports into the new .zip.
> Upload this .zip to a site like MediaFire or Dropbox.
> Share the link with other people!

Okay thank you. Let me make sure I am understanding this though, I need to add all the files of my map to a Zip folder and then submit it to a site for people to download it?

Also are you sure that is all it takes for people to be able to join my map and play with me on it? Just them downloading it?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 01:24:21 am »
Yes, when they place your exported files into their exports folder the game puts an entrance to your map in Cape of Distant Worlds. This is all it really takes. =)

Edit: Make sure the "Has Portal" checkbox is checked in the Map Maker, otherwise there will be no portal.

Edit2: (I'll give an example)
This is a link to a post on the forums I made of a map others can download and join in at any time:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60080.0
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:32:26 am by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 01:28:02 am »
Yes, when they place your exported files into their exports folder the game puts an entrance to your map in Cape of Distant Worlds. This is all it really takes. =)

Edit: Make sure the "Has Portal" checkbox is checked in the Map Maker, otherwise there will be no portal.

Okay cool, thank you, your help was definitely appreciated!