Author Topic: Urgent [solved | Thanks Everyone!]  (Read 1439 times)

Offline RottenRed

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Urgent [solved | Thanks Everyone!]
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:59:26 pm »
Good afternoon, this is my first time ever posting in the forums so...I hope I can find a solution for this.
Anyhow: I am in dire need of assistance from anyone experienced who's willing to take the time out of their day to lend a helping hand.
As I previously mentioned, I've never done this before so my apologies if some things are not clear.

Problem:

My Feral Heart is continuously crashing once more. I've had this problem before already which led me to reinstall the game completely. Recently, I've been working on a map all seemed to be going swell till I downloaded a few meshes (Which I made sure to paste them where they were supposed to go) however I do believe they are the cause of my problem for some reason...With that bein' said, I uninstalled any recent meshes I could remember up until the crash had happened; so basically I tried to retrace my steps. Unfortunately my Feral Heart is still crashing..

Any idea why this is?
Suggestions I'd greatly appreciate.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:41:21 pm by RottenRed »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:11:32 pm »
Hi there!
Since you sort of narrowed the problem down to crashing after you had installed some meshes, I would go back into your my_objects folder and sort them in descending order under "Date Created". Let me clarify that that is "Date Created" rather than "Date" so you may need to add that sorting column in your my_objects folder in Windows Explorer.
Here is what I mean:
Make sure you are viewing your my_objects folder in the Details layout. Then, right-click on any one of the columns (such as name or date) and make sure "Date Created" is checked.

Then if you sort by that, you can tell when those files were added into your my_objects folder and delete the most recent ones you have installed that you suspect might have been when the crashing began.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
Hey Rotten

Is this the same map you were talking to me about in-game? Because since you used particles and exported the map, you could be crashing because of duplicate particles created in your folder after exporting. Just need to go to Feral Heart \\ Media \\ Particles and look for anything ending in _0, _1, _2 etc, etc. If this is the case, then you should delete those and you should no longer have a crashing issue once you relaunch the game.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:17 pm »
Here are a few solutions:
  • Try changing the rendering subsystem.
  • Try running the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that you have DirectX installed.
  • Your computer may not handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Look for a file named "badfile.reminder" in your main FeralHeart folder. If there's a such file, open it with Notepad and it should tell you what file has caused the crash and in which folder to find it. Make sure to delete the ".reminder" and the file indicated by the ".reminder".

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline RottenRed

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:34:03 pm »
Hi there!
Since you sort of narrowed the problem down to crashing after you had installed some meshes, I would go back into your my_objects folder and sort them in descending order under "Date Created". Let me clarify that that is "Date Created" rather than "Date" so you may need to add that sorting column in your my_objects folder in Windows Explorer.
Here is what I mean:
Make sure you are viewing your my_objects folder in the Details layout. Then, right-click on any one of the columns (such as name or date) and make sure "Date Created" is checked.

Then if you sort by that, you can tell when those files were added into your my_objects folder and delete the most recent ones you have installed that you suspect might have been when the crashing began.

Hello, thank you ~ I tried it already and it still doesn't work. Thanks for suggesting though! (:

Offline RottenRed

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »
Hey Rotten

Is this the same map you were talking to me about in-game? Because since you used particles and exported the map, you could be crashing because of duplicate particles created in your folder after exporting. Just need to go to Feral Heart \\ Media \\ Particles and look for anything ending in _0, _1, _2 etc, etc. If this is the case, then you should delete those and you should no longer have a crashing issue once you relaunch the game.

-Inhales- Thank you so much! You were absolutely right and yes this was the same map I told you about earlier ^u^ Thank you thank you so much !

Offline RottenRed

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:38:46 pm »
Here are a few solutions:
  • Try changing the rendering subsystem.
  • Try running the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that you have DirectX installed.
  • Your computer may not handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Look for a file named "badfile.reminder" in your main FeralHeart folder. If there's a such file, open it with Notepad and it should tell you what file has caused the crash and in which folder to find it. Make sure to delete the ".reminder" and the file indicated by the ".reminder".

Thank you! The problem was fixed now. I'll keep/save your suggestions anyway just in case something else happens in the near future!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent [solved | Thanks Everyone!]
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 09:47:26 pm »
I'm glad this was figured out. I'll lock this thread now.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.