Author Topic: New Shark Items Idea!  (Read 1598 times)

Offline FishyBiscuits

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'll be right down mom!!
    • UkoTheFurry
    • Fishy Biscuits
    • View Profile
New Shark Items Idea!
« on: September 07, 2017, 04:55:27 am »
I have been working real hard on creating one of my main OCs in FH using a preset, but sadly FH doesn't have any Shark Tails or Dorsal Fins. This is a bummer because my OC is a Manokit (Shark/Wolf Hybrid sort of thing)

The Fin would be customizable, either with presets or with markings/colour options.
The tail would be just like any other Tail, except it would be a shark Tail!! ;D

Just an idea, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one oping to have shark related items on our characters :')

(Idk if I'm even posting this in the right place, but umm there's my Idea XD )

Learn the rules like a pro, Break them like an artist.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: New Shark Items Idea!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:13:21 am »
Despite the limitations because of the whole source code ordeal ( if I remember correctly of course ) that sounds like it would be an awesome idea for sure.

Makes me believe if it would even be possible with the current tail meshes. May be tricky, but still o:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:16:22 am »
Haku is right about the source code. While it can't be implemented into the default game, items CAN be made and put in yourself (other players will have to download and install to see it though) but yes, it is possible to do all of that! ^^

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:36:43 am »
Depending on which item pack you have i've seen whole shark bodies.  Also seen about 100 tails but only of them were shark specific tails.  Someone (not me, i'm not awesome enough) could whip up a shark tail and fin item in about an hour or so.

Edit: Saw someone last night with a shark tail on.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:44:56 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:17:58 am »
Having a Shark/Turtle OC, this is a brilliant idea that would certainly allow me to brig Shurtle to his true potential. As, above his shell, he has a fin, and that would be incredibly sweet to be able to have it. Awesome idea!
Although as others have said, it's likely that you'll have to make your own items and implement them into the game as an item pack yourself, or even commission a FeralHeart item-maker to do something for you.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »
Like you and Shurtle, I myself used to have 2 characters that had a shark tail and fin. It was cool to bring him to life using a preset but I was pretty bummed out about the items, I thought I could create the tail using transparency on a preset but it found out to be more difficult than I anticipated so I eventually gave up.
But, as stated before, there are some very talented people in the FeralHeart community who could probably make something like this for you.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss