Author Topic: Exported map has objects missing  (Read 987 times)

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Exported map has objects missing
« on: January 28, 2018, 01:55:01 am »
I recently made a map, which I believe has not used any custom meshes, but I could be mistaken? I believe it uses new meshes since the FH community update, so I don't know if that is the problem here?
In Map Maker, all of these objects are visible and where they should be, but once exported a lot of these objects disappear. I deleted all my other maps so the only thing in exports is JUST the map I made, to make sure it wasn't a problem with things being overwritten.

If they are somehow custom objects I gather I need to export these into a new group through object maker or something? But I have already laid down all the objects in map and the map itself is completed. If I export these objects (which seem to all be default objects used in the FH community update) into new groups, will that not solve anything and I'll have to replace every object that was exported individually into the map, even if the objects are identical?
I... really don't know how to go about this. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Exported map has objects missing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 02:16:37 am »
Hello there,
Your objects should automatically export as .fhos into the groups they were in in Object Maker. Meaning, if there were was a custom object group installed into your game called "DogKennels" and you used a few of the objects from that object group in your map it will export as "DogKennels.fho" when you hit the Export button in Map Maker. So, if you do in fact see all of your meshes accounted for in your Map Maker, then the issue is not stemming from lack of custom objects, rather it's probably an issue with the export process.. Perhaps try re-exporting your map a few times--especially now that you have a clear exports folder. There is sometimes a problem, atleast that i've theorized is a problem, where some of the meshes don't export correctly with the group.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 03:23:04 am »
Hi Morgra,
I exported the map a second time, and it overwrote the previous one as expected. The missing objects are still missing, and I'm positive now that all the objects I used are all default FH objects. It seems the ones missing, to my knowledge, are the ones that are new from the FH update in 2016.
I tried exporting it a third time, and it did not export. Instead I got the error: failed to export map (insert name here)!

Offline DragonGamez

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:19:35 am »

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 07:42:01 am »
If your problem has been fixed, do you need this locked?
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 08:10:51 am »
Locking things willy nilly is bad computer science.   Did the missing objects happen to be the floating land and the mushrooms in the default objects?  Because i'm really curious why those are commonly missing for people in exported maps.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"