Author Topic: can't log in ('Play Game" is open!)  (Read 1197 times)

Offline irbyss

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
can't log in ('Play Game" is open!)
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:11:57 pm »
I used to love feralheart, this is almost my 7th year of membership.
However, I see a lot has changed!

I snooped the forums a bit today and decided to re-download the game.

I remember the Play-Game tab so I attempted to logged in, and it said some of my old username characters weren't compatible (my old username used to be "Torelei The Wolf"  with the two spaces included) so I changed my name to Irbyss and tried to log in with the Play Game tab open.

I'm able to log into my account and the forums fine, just not into the game.

The error I am receiving is "Failed to connect to front server."
May this be because of the name change?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: can't log in ('Play Game" is open!)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:23:28 pm »
When you receive the "failed to connect to front server" message, look back at the "play game" tab. Are you still logged in or no?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline irbyss

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:12:48 pm »
When you receive the "failed to connect to front server" message, look back at the "play game" tab. Are you still logged in or no?

Yes, I am ^^

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:18:18 pm »
You may want to double check that your browser isn't signing you in as a different username than the game. Sometimes the cache will override your inputs, especially if you save password/username. I had this happen twice for me when trying to sign in with a different username. Ended up that I had to clear my browser cache & sign in again.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »
Try logging in on a different browser. That seemed to work for me when I had connection issues.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 02:41:59 am »
Greetings love, Indeed the game has changed quite a lot. I am coming up on my 7th year as well.

Upon changing my name from ~Minti3~ to now FlewToTheCity (Thank god they implemented this, I hated my old name), I had changed my Forum password with it. At times this comes confusing out of habit but make sure you are using the Password you signed up with the game in the actual game and not the password upon the forum (If you had changed it). Also, Sometimes the browser may give you the option to automatically save your passwords for the browser to fill out, This also has its tantrums sometimes. You physically have to enter your password into the 'Play Game' tab before logging in, Also remember to keep the tab open in the background, for some reason it does help to have it open directly behind the game itself. Also to my knowledge you can open the 'Play Game' tab on your phone while you play so you can see what is happening to the page at all times (Tho I do not recommend this option). But as the others have suggested, Try using a different browser. I currently use the browser called Opera, But Chrome and Firefox should work as well.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 08:41:06 am »
How long since you last logged in though?  2 years and they sometimes go inactive..
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"