Author Topic: Crashing trouble in Chevalville.  (Read 685 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Crashing trouble in Chevalville.
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:49:10 pm »
Long ago, I could run around Chevalville without (Many) problems. Now it's glitching and crashing every time.

Random things go missing. Parts of buildings, chunks of land, you name it, they decide not to show up and then around 30 seconds later I crash.

I've tried re-downloading the map, I've tried re-installing the map, I've tried to shrink some of the ground textures down from 1024x1024 to 512x512. Nothing I've tried so far has worked.

Screenshots:

Today, after shrinking some ground textures, I saw a lot of the map from where I logged in... Then crashed 10 seconds later.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:19:29 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Crashing trouble in Chevalville.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:45:23 pm »
If the map is a public map, you may consider including the download here to see if others are experiencing the same issues as you are. It's possible that there was a problem with the map itself (missing/broken meshes, for example)--especially if it has been updated by the owner-- and it could be a matter of the map's doing as opposed to something on your part.

Try removing any particles that come with the map, as well. That shouldn't be causing the missing mesh problem but it could help with the crashing.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: Crashing trouble in Chevalville.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:05:20 am »
Map link: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=37996.msg525650#msg525650

The map's file doesn't have any particles in it. I'll attempt to shrink more textures down, as the time when it worked was a time before I installed HD textures as far as I can remember right now. I'll also test it in both installs of FH(I have an install of FH that keeps the default terrain textures) to see if it's my PC.

EDIT: It only works on the old install of FH, it's definitely the HD textures in the other install crashing. This may now be locked. Now that I know what solves it, I'll use the old install of FH whenever a map is so detailed that it crashes with HD textures.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:25:07 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.