Author Topic: Map mess  (Read 883 times)

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
Map mess
« on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:27 am »
So i've been making a map for a couple days and everything has been fine until today. My computer froze and I turned off my computer and turned it back on and came back on FH. WHen I try to open my map, it says i'm missing the 'ShimmeringWatersterrain.cfg file''. So I look in my folder and find the cfgs and they are empty. Everything but the objects cfg(thankfully).

So then I thought from my old map I could copy the stuff in the cfg files in there and put them in '"ShimmeringWaters'''s  and just alter what I need to alter like different terrains, etc. But when I got on FH, it kept closing. It kept doing closing everytime I tried it.

Then I removed the stuff I put in and it worked again but it still says i'm missing the Terrain.cfg file.

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline Puffythewolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • .*. Pico,, .*.
    • View Profile
Re: Map mess
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 07:46:10 am »
Dang, that must suck to loose all your cgf files! Make sure you checked everywhere in the FH folders, I always do that whenever something becomes missing
GOOGLE CHROME AHHAHAHHA FUNNY

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:54:22 pm »
I have the CFG file, it's just empty. It's supposed to have stuff in it but it's empty.

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »

I have the CFG file, it's just empty. It's supposed to have stuff in it but it's empty.

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline Corssa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:01:37 pm »
Maybe try reinstalling it? maybe like get the stuff that you had and try reinstalling it again.
And are you talking about the CFG file that feral heart already has or did you get another?

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 02:12:31 am »
Ahhhhhh common issue, I've had it plenty of times. Never been able to "recover" the old .cfg, you will have to re-do the sizing and everything all over again in the map making when you get it back open.

copy and paste this code into your "MapName.CFG" file, and it should make it accessible again.
Code: [Select]
PageSource=Heightmap
Heightmap.image=defaultTerrain.png
PageSize=513
TileSize=65
MaxPixelError=3

PageWorldX=5000
PageWorldZ=5000
MaxHeight=300

MaxMipMapLevel=5
VertexProgramMorph=yes
LODMorphStart=0.2

CustomMaterialName=Terrain/Default
If that doesn't seem to work, since you have all your objects in your objects file, I recommend making a new map and copy and pasting all the objects in said file into the new MapNameObjects.cfg file in the new map and it should put them all in the previous spot before.
 ((( It should work tho, and I don't 100% recommend doing this, it should work out but you will have to resize the new map to match the old map as best as possible or all the meshes/objects will be in wonky places.)))

I recommend backing up ALL .CFG files in a different folder NON RELATED to FeralHeart, as things can get lost often.

I hope this helps, good luck with your map!
artwork by dehvina