Author Topic: Affinity Pride  (Read 1501 times)

LarkPash

Affinity Pride
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:24 pm »
Affinity Pride
Definition: (relationship by marriage or by ties other than those of blood)

To understand the pride we must first delve into the brief history:

History

Pierce was a young nomad for a few months after leaving his pride. His heart and mind have always been set on discovering great things and being of great character. This was not something he could fulfill amongst the pride he was born.

Among his travels he witnessed hardships that many prides endured. He saw lack of good judgment. He saw equality amongst the lionesses and lions obsolete. Pierce was raised with different principles and a different mindset. This was not what he wished of a pride if he was to join one. And he surely did not wish this upon anyone else whose thoughts were shared with his own.

After meeting his mate, another story we will not tell for now, they packed together and decided that any who wished to live in their care could, who obeyed their basic laws and guidelines.

The Prides Laws

1.Affinity Pride is family and we shall treat and protect each individual like so.
2.We do not kill outside of battle or without the King's Orders
3.Respect other prides. We are a peaceful pride. We do not engage in battle unless that is our only option. Other species, excluding prey, will still be shown respect.
4.There is no toleration for anyone who does not follow orders. The King will eventually have them leave.

Note: Your character doesn't have to be perfect! Despite the pride laws you can still have a slightly irritating character or an angsty one. Yours to decide. Just keep in mind that all in all the lion must have an over all desire for peace (even if they are not quite there yet) Pierce is a young King, but he is a wise and noble one who hopes to have a pride of noble lions to follow in his footsteps. Yet, his mate is quite the opposite of him.

OOC

1.Do not argue
2.Do not curse
3.Do not spam
4.Please nothing very vulgar, including while in character.

Creating a Character

Characters must be lions whether male or female. They must resemble realistic lions. Some odd-colored eyes and/or a few odd markings are okay. Ask if you are wondering. If your character is highlighter blue...no...that won't make the cut.

We are Semi-Realistic and Semi-Literate. We require a brief roleplay example before acceptance into the pride. There is currently no map, but we expect to have one in the future. We meet and currently roleplay in Fluorite Plains.

Positions

All Prides must have positions to keep order and to maintain protection and stability. Despite a few positions being higher ranked than others, there are no low-class and/or omega type ranks. Everyone is still to treat one another respectfully regardless of who they are and what they excel at...

King

The male leader of the pride, normally, but not always the mate of the Queen.

Queen
The female leader of the pride, normally, but not always the mate of the King.

Nobles
Simply said, relatives of the King and Queen. Normally they are close descendants or siblings. Nobles don't always hold positions though they are recommended to.

Lead Defender

Typically appointed by the King. He is the Defender of the pride who has a history of great leadership in battle and is loyal to the King.

Defenders

Those who have a natural ability and desire to protect the pride in the worst of scenarios.

Lead Hunter/Huntress

Typically appointed by the King for experience in none other than...hunting.

Hunters
Though exclusively a female role in other prides, Affinity Pride allows for males to hunt as well. Hunters are normally streamlined and fast.

Scouts
Often a position held by those with a desire to roam. A scout my simply be informed to observe the territory or to venture off and explore the lands around it. It may call for those with some basic defensive skills, hunting skills, as well as the ability to maneuver unseen.

High Elder
One of the oldest lions and typically the most wise one. Loyal to the king. Rank is appointed by the King.

Elders
The aged and wizened whose duty in life is more so to educate the youngsters than participate in any labor-like duties.

Strategist

There is one lion with this position. They work alongside the Lead Defender. They are the one appointed to help with planning. After all, heading straight into battle is not always the answer. The strategist can often find other means to winning a battle than a full out war. They tend to be highly clever.

Cubs
They are not expected to perform any work. They are the future of the pride.

Miscellaneous (But accepted roles)

Healers
Caretakers
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:03:41 pm by Larkspur »

LarkPash

Re: Affinity Pride
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »
The Pride...

The King
Pierce

Mate: Konga
Noble/Kind/Forgiving/Calm/Clever

The Queen
Konga
(No Image Currently)
Mate: Pierce
Friendly/Outgoing/Defensive/Flirty

Other Positions Open. Please Apply!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:02:14 pm by Larkspur »

Offline Kongafire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I do it foar teh lulz~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:37:38 pm »
Yay! :D
Cray

Offline foreveryoung92

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Death ends a life, not a relationship" I ? you
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:42:54 pm »
And me! Nevaeh! ^_^
Icon lineart courtesy of the fans of BBA; coloring and animation is my doing of my fursona, Luna
Find more about that here:http://www.animationsource.org/board/kay-fedewa-s-linearts-t22533.html

LarkPash

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:42:25 pm »
:) You found us. Sorry I haven't been on. I was sick Thursday and Friday I was busy busy. Saturday and Sunday I was out of town at dog trials. I race and compete my dogs in conformation. I should be back and available more now. In due time I will be updating things.

LarkPash

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:01 pm »
Roles Posted. Applications can be accepted. I will be online as Pierce for the remainder of the night. Username is LarkPash.