Author Topic: Best Computer?  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Black-Serpent

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best Computer?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
I have an old PC and I move around a lot on FH, and since I am getting a new PC.. I was wondering if someone could suggest what kind would be best for downloading maps and other things for the game without it laggin hardcore or crashing. And hopefully will be compatible with going into maps, not just downloading them.

This is great for any decent PC/Laptop you might get. What I do advise you on avoiding though is Toshiba, Dell, and Acer.

The rest of the laptops will be well for downloading and from crashing. If you want to buy a fairly cheap laptop with good specs, you should probably look up ASUS, Lenevo, Fujitso. On an exception on avoiding Acer laptops, I currently have an Acer Aspire V571 with Windows 8. It runs well with FeralHeart and with downloading. Good luck.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:46 pm »
I have a Dell, Dell is good for running FH, but I can't multi-task on it. If I tried skyping, playing FH, and getting on the forums, it would lag.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:45:14 am »
If you don't want lag, go into the in-game options, turn water reflection off, anti-alising off, and it should run faster.

Signature by HellVix

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »
If you don't want lag, go into the in-game options, turn water reflection off, anti-alising off, and it should run faster.

That's not the problem. Both of those are off. The problem is that my computer isn't able to run 3 other windows while playing FH.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline AeropostaleWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 08:41:24 am »
I've got a HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook ( Windows 8 ) and I can download almost anything on it. Maps, mods, massmarkings, items, interface, textures, presets, pretty much stuff like that. However, I cannot download meshes because it will makes my game crash immediately. I've seen presets that are .fhp files and I cannot open files like that, so yeah.

It's a good computer, good virus protector and everything but every few months I have to delete the icon and download it again, because it will lag majorly after a period of time.