Author Topic: False Height map? =3  (Read 1496 times)

Fath

False Height map? =3
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:19:36 am »
Man, people should name this place after me xDDDD

Ok, so my question THIS time involves a height map. You know the map you see in game? Well i want the people looking at the map to see a different map then is actually in use for the actual height map!

Example= i want you to see the first image when looking at your mini map thing, but the second one is the one actually IN USE, so i can have a secret passage way through the mountain for say, and you cant see it, that way, it STAYS SECRET >=V

So, how can i use the second one for the height map, but make it so you see the first one in your mini map?

Nuzzlies if you help <3

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: False Height map? =3
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »
Meerff, not possible, since you can only have one layer in a hieghtmap. Only thing that could work would be only YOU could see the secret passage.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Fath

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »
I know that a height map can only have one layer, BUT there are two different height maps, the one that the game actually uses, and one that you see. the one you see will NOT be the height map.

That way, if there is for say, a camp that you have to go through a passage in the mountains, but you only want that pack to know about the passage, and not any random passerby to see that there is something there

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:30:16 pm »
Oh, well, you can export the map with the first heightmap for public download, then re export it with the second heightmap and give it to your pack only

Fath

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »
But the thing is, i want the pack NOT see it too... here ill try to explane again

I want a secret passage through the mountain, that people have to FIND, But i dont want them just to look at there mini map and see "oh theres a passage there!" so i want one map that they see on there mini map, but the REAL hight map is almost exactly the same, exept it has some higher/lower spots that they cant just see on the mini map. So the one they see in there mini map is BASICLY the real hight map, BUT it does not show the secret passages or what not,

SO, i was wondering, if somehow i can code the game to show the FIRST hight map in the mini map, but USE the second, i want EVERYONE not to see the passage unless they acually FIND it, but even then, it will not show up on the map...

You get it now lol? xD

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »
Ohzz yeah I get it. I got it from the first post but the second one confused me. Hmm I don't think there is a way but you could try playing around with the map's terrain.cfg file.

Why do you always want to do such complicated things? xD

Fath

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:10:04 am »
xDD i iz confsuing

And doing complicated things is FUNN >=D .... until your computer blows up O.e

Thankies for helping me <3