Author Topic: Map Problem.  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Agent 9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ...What? There aren't shoe aliens?
    • View Profile
Map Problem.
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:16:53 am »
I'm working on a map, and just finished a version of the heightmap for it. But when I try to load the game in the Map maker, the game crashes and I get the "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working" error.
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I keep trying to load it, but it still won't work.

Rukata

Re: Map Problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:54:02 pm »
With Heightmaps, it's common that one of three things will happen, and it will cause the game to crash with your map.
  • Your image isn't Greyscale. I know you can change it under Image>Mode in Photoshop, but I'm not sure about what you'd do if you use GIMP, though it's probably similar.
  • Your image isn't perfectly square. (Recommended: 512x512 size)
  • You made it more than one layer. Sometimes even flattening the image before saving it won't work. You have to 'undo' or start completely over. It's recommended to just edit one of the existing Heightmaps (like watermill) and save it in the terrains folder or your map folder. Make sure you don't make any new layers.
All of this was already covered here by Red.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »
^
This.

Adding something here, the game always crashes for me when I first load the heightmap in, sometimes switching from png to jpg (or whichever way you have it) helps. :)

Offline Agent 9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ...What? There aren't shoe aliens?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 02:07:11 am »
Ha! It works now! I think it was because I had flattened the image. Anyways, thanks you guys. ^^