Author Topic: Ghost Map?  (Read 1339 times)

Dinohorse1120

Ghost Map?
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:17:22 am »
Hello everyone. Here's the situation: I was creating a map for a third time, experimenting with boundaries and water levels. I wanted a longer map, so I set the boundaries to 10000 and then BAM! All of the objects from my previous map were suddenly there, in the exact places they had been, as if I was modifying the map they were on and leaving them alone. The weirdest thing was that I had actually deleted that map a few hours ago, so I don't understand how they could appear like that. Here are my questions:

1. Why did this happen?
2. Is there a "Delete All" button? *There were a lot of objects on the previous map, way too many to just go and delete by hand.
3. Can I stop this from happening again?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Map?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:24:58 am »
1. New patch glitch
2+3. No, the way to stop this from happening is to take all other maps' folders and .map files out of your terrains folder and into a safe place in case you need them again. Then the objects shouldn't appear again.

Dinohorse1120

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:26:47 am »
1. New patch glitch
2+3. No, the way to stop this from happening is to take all other maps' folders and .map files out of your terrains folder and into a safe place in case you need them again. Then the objects shouldn't appear again.

Thank you, but how did this happen when I have deleted the map? It sounds like a glitch that overlays the object layer onto another map, but the map it's taking the layer from no longer exists.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:31:15 am »
Odd, deleting it works for most...
The only way I see it correcting is if you reinstall your game.