Author Topic: Bio Problems.  (Read 1352 times)

Twylight

Bio Problems.
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:31 am »
  Hi. Um.. I can't see my Bio. I can see it once and then, its gone or rather I can't see it. Others have 'said' that they could, but I don't know it that's true or not. No matter how many times I log-off and log-back it, its still gone. Is it something wrong with my game/computer? I don't want to uninstall the game and then that only make other things go wonky. I would retype the bio each time I see that its gone but I cant remember it word for word and it was awesome how I had it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Twye

Ephemeral

Re: Bio Problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:25:46 am »
Mine did that the first time with each of my characters. Are you sure you hit enter at the end? What fixed it for me was retyping it a second time. It stayed after that. o-o

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:30:17 am »
The bio bug works like most bugs in the game, if you enter another map, the information is gone, so you must make sure you save it.

To make things simple.

Join the game

The first map you're in, write the bio without going anywhere

Disconnect

And rejoin again

Look at the bio and you will notice it's there, and it will be visable for you in the first map you enter. The only way it wont be would be if you started edit the bio in the 2nd 3rd or whatever afterwards. As soon as you visit a new map, the bio never loads for you. So if you start writing a new bio the old one will be gone next time you start the game, neither will the new one you wrote in the 2nd map be there.

Only edit/make a bio in the first map you enter, and always rejoin to ensure it saves itself.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Twiliac

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:33:53 am »
This is simple to fix.

1. Type out your bio.
2. Log out.
3. Exit Fh completely.

It will save, the only times you will not see it, is when you open it one map, then leave and open it in a second. It just turns invisible. For whatever reason, but other people can still see it..

The way to fix that, would simply to exit Fh completely then restart it again.

It's worked for me and other people, as to why it works I have no idea.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:24 am »
It's because the game doesn't load/keep the clients information properly whenever they go into another map.

1 map is infact like their own mini server, and run on their own process on the server. I think they need to go back to something like a client sided bio in order to sort this issue in a good way.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Twylight

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »
Ah, I see. Thanks guys for the help!