Author Topic: None of the default FH maps can be found!  (Read 858 times)

Offline kaileycat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
None of the default FH maps can be found!
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:22:59 am »
The files for the maps are in my FH folder. I have tried deleting everything and re-installing, I have tried re-installing with the files, I have tried taking the FH folder from my laptop (working version) and I still get this issue: none of the map files are found. The only thing there is is the empty Watermill map at the title screen. Even when I'm choosing my character the place is just surrounded by pitch black nothingness... Anyone know how to fix this? I recently switched from Windows 10 to 7 so my computer was wiped and I have to redownload everything. I may have an important program missing.

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: None of the default FH maps can be found!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:14:55 pm »
I've never come across this problem before, but I was wondering, are your map files showing up at all?
If you go into Feralheart > media > terrains >fhmaps , are the .fhm files showing up there?
If they are, then I'd suggest maybe try re-downloading the game in a different way to what you usually do it. As I said, I've never come across this issue in the past, and I'm not a big map person, but that's just from my basic knowledge. I hope you can solve it soon :c
Side account for Sigyn

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »
As Siggy has mentioned above, checking y'er FHMaps folder found in terrains is the best place to start. I 'ave never come across this issue m'self either. It sounds like it could possibly be a missing file, or it could be ye need to change y'er rendering system {ye can do this in settings.}

I may need to sift through the FH files to see what other ones may cause this issue to occur. It could very well be a cgf file found in the main FH folder.

But f'er starters, check y'er fhmaps folder as Siggy suggested. If that shows all the map files, then try changing y'er rendering system. If neither of these work, as stated before, I shall check into the files and see what ye could possibly be missing.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 06:14:15 pm »
As the lovley users has mentioned above, you may be missing some files or they may have been some changes to your computer when you switched from Windows 10 to 7. Have there been any problems before you changed your Windows? If not, then I think that there is something missing and so you need to redownload the game again so it can work. I have Windows 7 right now and I have to tell you that Feralheart has been downloaded more then 3 times on my computer and each one worked fine. Usually, problems such as this, has a solution of 're-downloading' it. Re-downloading the game is meant to give you fresh, new folders and everything must work fine afterwards.

I hope you understand and hopefully your game works again. <3