Author Topic: Weird glitch in map maker?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Sandleaf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Weird glitch in map maker?
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
Hello ppls. I was just wondering how to fix a glitch... I made a map, which while I was in the process of making crashed, and didn't save. Later I was making another map, and after testing it, all the objects from that map suddenly appeared, and I really don't want to delete them one by one... (I copied in at least one hundred trees, and probably twice as many plants.) And it also happened on a blank map I used to test the glitch. Any way to stop this? I have maps that need to be made for requests, so please can someone answer? Thank you   :)
I am the creator of....

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: Weird glitch in map maker?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »
Sorry, there is no way to stop this :C

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:57 pm »
I managed to stop it by deleting the text in TempObjects, in the temp folder in terrains... it worked for me, at least.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:13 am »
I have a way. Open map maker and wen its flat and empty put the heightmap and terrain map into the game, then put a few objects like 3 rocks or something, save it and the objects shouldnt come back after u test it out or something. But portals and those water square things will after u test it unfortunately.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Asheyx

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:30:06 am »
I had the same problem while making my maps, but I found a way to fix it. What I always do is that I save the map before testing it. When you're finished testing you will see the objects again though, but then you can simply load the map again and they aren't there anymore. That's what I always do.