Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working.  (Read 1196 times)

Offline ObsidianShadow1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FeralHeart.exe has stopped working.
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:54:28 am »
The problem all started when I wiped my computer. I redownloaded Feral Heart, thinking that it would solve the problem with the chat lag and character lag. Now that I redownloaded it, the game crashes before I can even get to the loading screen. I have reinstalled this game several times, deleting the files each time. I have used all of the download links, but none of them have worked. What is the problem and how can it be solved?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 01:27:58 am »
Sounds driver/software related.

I don't have any direct instructions since it varies from machine to machine and there's not much for me to go on right now. But I can most certainly say that if your computer ran FeralHeart before, and crashing now in both OpenGL and Direct3D9 video mode, it means you're missing either Graphics card drivers needed or DirectX libraries(Or even both).

Download all windows updates if you haven't already, download directX if needed from here I believe:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=35

And if needed still, download graphics chip/card drivers for your hardware. The link below of an old help thread should set you off in the right direction;
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0

Though I'd recommend the second part only if you feel a bit more savvy with these things. Shouldn't be easy to mess things up but you never know.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ObsidianShadow1

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:19:51 am »
I have an Acer Aspire S3. What else would you need to know? I've pretty much memorized the specs of my computer since it's been a terror before. I've tried all of your options, and I can't get any of the drivers for my computer since it's not the right driver.

Offline ObsidianShadow1

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »
I have a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter as my driver.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
If it just gives you that it could be very likely you lack the drivers to drive the game on your computer. As I mentioned in an earlier post you more than likely need to install drivers on your computer, I have included a tutorial/help thread already that explains how you go to way to install graphic card drivers onto your computer.

However if you do not have Nvidia nor AMD chipsets on your computer you might very well run Intel on board graphics(take note I'm not saying you are, just that you could if you aren't able to find your drivers after reading properly through the thread I linked before). In that case you must fetch the drivers from your manufacturers home page, as long as you can enter a serial number for your computer or know the model exactly by looking on a box/receipt they'll be able to tell you which display drivers they have for your laptop/computer.

It's all up to you in finding the exact model number or serial number for your computer and download the correct display drivers. Also make sure you've done this before anything:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144821#msg144821

Scroll down in that post and read the text under "How to fix it!" in orange.
Former community manager of FeralHeart