Author Topic: Ogre Exception cant play  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Ogre Exception cant play
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:06:17 am »
I downloaded some of Wolfess's particles the Rune ones and wen i go to play the game it goes back to the desptop with an error saying something like this

"OGRE EXCEPTION ParticleSystem template with name "RunicRing2"already exists"

When something like this pops up about staraura or something theres a StarAura_0.particle thing which i can delete, then it would let me play again but i cant find anything with a RunicRing_0.particle.

Also i tried deleting it to see if it makes a difference and it comes up again with something different this time about particled waterfalls and rivers, after i delete that it will probably come up again about something else. So any suggestions on how to fix this???
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:04:19 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Ogre Exception cant play
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:29:17 am »
You got this most likely because of those custom downloads you decided to add ofcourse.

But unless you don't want to take the errors away one by one, All you can really do is reinstalling the whole game.

But if you get these errors saying there's 2 more than one copy of a particle simply delete 1 of them and sort out other possible ogre errors you might get, unless you want to uninstall.

How to fix this is really up to you
Former community manager of FeralHeart