Author Topic: Malware problems (Solved!!!)  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Asparagus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Malware problems (Solved!!!)
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »
 Guys, I downloaded some Mass Markings. I did something wrong at installing, and when i entered the game, my character's manes and eyes were yellow and black. So I tried to download it again. (I deleted the other one) and it says :Warning malware.... Its virused!!! Oh man, I feel really sad.  :'(   :-[   :'(  What should I do???
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:00:43 am by TheVanillaRaptor »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Malware problems
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:12:02 pm »
Seems to me that ye' either lost or overwritten some files that were meant to remain untouched. Perhaps if ye' retrieve the default files and overwrite any duplicates in the folder ye' downloaded the mass markings in, the situation will be resolved.

Ye' can find the default files here: >>Click here!<<

For future references, when downloadin' mass markings, be sure to place the files in the correspondin' folders:

Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Media > Textures (For the markings files.)
Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart (For the items.cfg file.)

Make sure to overwrite any duplicates.

As for the malware, perhaps run yer computer as an administrator. What version of mass markings are ye' tryin' to download and from what website, might I ask?
gone

Offline Asparagus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »
Well, I've actually downloaded them from a YouTube video. Well. I am not sure. But it was a file where I kinda saw a lot of people downloading them from. Thank you, anyway! That really helped me. Because I've actually deleted ALL the FeralHeart file. So probably I deleted something that shouldn't. And, of course, I ran my computer as an administrator. Just, the Google wont let me. So I don't know how to really fix it. Thanks, anyway!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:24:38 pm »
Ah, ye're usin' Google. Try downloadin' the mass markings from a separate browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. Google Chrome has most likely labelled the download as malicious simply because it's an uncommon download. If multiple people have downloaded the pack before, then there should be no potential threat on yer behalf. It's simply Google bein' a nub.
gone

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »
Yes, listen to Ves, I used Google Chrome. {Gots to luv me google. <3}

Offline Asparagus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 06:11:14 am »
Mhm. Why thank you. I didn't know that. But I mean, not the Mass Markings are malicious. The game its self. When I try to download it, Google wont let me. So.. I heard there is this option to block the messages that wont let me download it...And you told me that he wont let me because its an uncommon download. Well I've re-downloaded it kinda like.. 2-3 times? Should I really use another browser? (Firefox)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:16:33 am by TheVanillaRaptor »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 06:58:41 am »
Google Chrome tends to act differently for each individual. For example, when I downloaded the game usin' Google Chrome, it worked just fine. However, I've encountered users who've tried to download it for the first time and Google decided to act up- thus resulted in them havin' to download it from another browser. I presume that since ye've downloaded the game a couple of times with Google, it's finally decided to nope on ye' and label the download itself as malicious. I assure ye' that is isn't- 100% in fact. As long as ye' download FeralHeart from this very website, ye' should be fine as there are no worms or viruses attached to the files. I'm afraid it's simply yer browser and ye'll have to try downloadin' from another one.
gone

Offline Asparagus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:54:27 am »
Thank you, very very much! Ya helped me a lot. For the first time, I thought that I'll never gonna play it again! Still, thank you. I'll go, right now, to download it. Thanks. :3 :D

Offline Asparagus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00:10 am »
Yush! I did it :))) Thank you, thank you!!! You just.. saved my life. ;-;