Author Topic: Just something small that you should DEFINITELY do!  (Read 1717 times)

Offline mismatched

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Just something small that you should DEFINITELY do!
« on: December 27, 2011, 07:45:22 pm »
Okay, so this should be fairly easy (I'd imagine), but could you PLEASE find a way for players to individually be able to refresh their chat boxes, so that when we try to scroll up to view a post (on an rp or whatnot), the scroll bar doesn't jump up 10 posts! Also, this way, people don't have to re-post on rps :/ It gets hard when you write long scenarios.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Just something small that you should DEFINITELY do!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »
About refreshing Chat box's would NEVER work, I'm not trying to be mean with my statement. Imagine someone just coming a long and think that they will make everyone angry in general by constantly refreshing the page, don't think that this won't happen or could be avoided, because it will and I don't think it needs refreshing if someone can scroll up and let go of the mouse without it zooming back to the new post. Also, I hate it when you've been on in a while so the more posts that are in your chat box means that the faster your scroller will go up the chat box, even if you just moved it a little.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »
I think the refreshing wouldn't effect everyone in the game, just the one who's refreshing the chat. Like if I were to refresh this page right now you two wouldn't be affected by it what so ever, it'd only refresh on my screen/computer.

I think it'd be a useful tool, though I also partially agree with Zarogue. I'm not sure if this could cause new problems, or if it can be done.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline mismatched

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:56 am »
Yes, I know, I mean what Katsa said about individuals refreshing their own pages (: of course it would make people mad if it refreshed the entire cbox!

Idk if it can be done, but I suppose you do put up a good argument. I'm just saying it gets really annoying when you're trying to view a post (after you've been on a while, as you described, Zaroque), and you jump up wayyy past the post you are trying to view.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:20:17 pm »
Yerrr. Even though I didn't describe it very well, I'm glad you understand that point.
So, I don't think refreshing is nessasary if the scroll changes.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline mismatched

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »
Another possibility is automatically deleting posts after a certain period of time (or a certain # of posts) so that that way you could still have a reasonable scroll bar :) of cours, it would be a lot of posts, like 50 or so.