Author Topic: Map Problem  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Map Problem
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:37:00 am »
Ok So i have tried multiple times, many different ways, and even got Red to try and help me with this. So imma explain whats going on and if anyone has any idea what i should do lemme know.

I made a map and i have made multiple maps before, never having problems like this. Now we sorta figure it could be a particle problem. But i dont think so since i made a map before with exact same particles and it worked. The map i made is loaded with particles and few objects. Its not a overload of items problem since i have a map with three times the item count and it doesnt happen. Its also not a problem with installation. So im figuring it must be something im missing completely. I export the files etc. I give all the files from export folder, as well as the music file that goes with map. I am using Dreks particles so i wouldnt be suprised if i need to give someone the particle files but it just doesnt make much sense to me. My testers go into map and all they hear is the music playing with a black screen while FH is loading and it kicks them off. It wont load the map. No its not Bad token file either. Red said its something about particles. Which i cant understand anymore since i made a map with particles before and they worked fine for ppl who used the map. Now im thinking that map doesnt have any dreks particles in it, other particles i used. So could it be just those particles i gotta fix? How could i do this?

I dont wanna have to get everyone to download the particles if they wanna use the map. Back to old map maker ways when u gave mesh files etc. Its lame now. So id rather try everything else or hear any ideas of what might be causing this not to work. i have remade the map alrdy once. Due to that stupid glitch where mesh files from one map start appearing in another map when they arent suppose to be there. Ive made my testers download and re try multiple times, i can get in fine, which is why i might suspect particles being the problem, is there any for me to fix them so i dont have to give them the particles? I have another set of particles that work without giving them so its why i wanna know. If anyone has any idea as to why my map wont work id appreciate it, ive been working on this non stop so :\

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:41:23 am »
Honestly I think you'll either have to remake the map without the particles, or give the particle file out to all the people who are going to download your map. It only takes one missing/corrupted file to ruin an entire map and make it unusable.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:46:40 am »
Thats what im trying to avoid, i cant just take out the particles, its a Dance map so i need all of them, and lol theres like 20 differ kinds so hard to give them out. What im doing atm is seeing if i move the objects files of them to a differ list and see if they work that way. If they do imma be so mad and happy XD mad at someone and happy that it atleast works. Ill have to wait for my testers to wake u before seeing if it works.Thansk though :3

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:47:54 am »
Anytime. Lemme know if it works. c:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:38 am »
so i wouldnt be suprised if i need to give someone the particle files but it just doesnt make much sense to me.

Isn't this what you'd have to try though?

All I know is that the first installer didn't show the portal, which was kinda funky.

But when I got only the exports in the zip and pasted into exports.

There was an error about a particle, infact, maybe even a billboard used for the map.

As mentioned before, I think this problem would be solved if you actually put "everything" the map needs into the installer, I'm very certain the map would of worked if I'd have those files in the game folders, which I obviously didn't.

You should make the installer again, and put the objects and particles used for it inside the installer since it's just to create 1 big folder with subfolders in them since I saw you used installcreator the very same software used for the map pack I made.

I really hope it works out for you, but I do believe it would all be solved if you just remade the installer with everything used in the maps, there's nothing stopping you from doing this.

Who knows maybe you don't even need just THOSE particles, but something is needed for the map to load. Putting everything where you have it for someone else should do the trick if the installer is made correctly.

All I can say.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 06:55:23 am »
^-^ im gonna do that tomorow red, its my last thing to try, cuz its like 20+ particles i gotta organize now to give to ppl in donwload. The material files particle files object etc, its just alot of work if they worked alrdy in another map but not this one. I just switched a file around. Remember the Dreks particles? those seem to be the particles that dont work in maps. I looked at all other maps and they dont have them, just my other particles. So imma doing a test, i removed the drek particles object list and combined it into my mas object folder. This way they are in same spot that my other particles work in. If this in deed works (cant test since its super late and have no guinea pigs to test on) ill have to let drek know this since he has strict rules about not placing them anywhere else besides his object list. and lol i still giggle about u not getting portal, i wonder why still but oh wells <3 ty red for being my guinea pig for abit :3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:33 am »
Alright, if drek doesn't want others to have the particle like that I understand the issue.

Good luck
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 07:59:22 pm »
Well red i was right. It was particles and the way Drek had them. I moved them into my Maps object list instead, edited the map so it takes the particles from that object file instead and wallaa...it works. Also figured out some other problems for my other maps. The weather is still soemthing u must send someone. If its custom. So i will be having alot to add to this map still but just glad i got it working.I knew it had to do with friggin objects folder >:| Ill be letting Drek know this