Author Topic: Map-maker crashing  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Warbound

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map-maker crashing
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:58 pm »
Alright, so, I'm trying to make a map for the first time ever and it seems that every time I attempt to upload my height map thing, it crashes my FH. I've made the height map in gray scale, blurry-ish edges and whatnot, and my mask picture works fine in map-maker, just not the height map. I've gone to the youtube and seen the videos, I've tried the copy and paste into a new file thing and I've been struggling with this for some time now. Can someone please help me? I don't know what else to try :(   

The name of the file is FortTerrain.png  So it's in the correct format and has terrain in it's name... I hope someone can help me figures this out. Thanks ahead of time!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Map-maker crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:39:26 pm »
Requirements:
513x513
Grayscale
Is now, and was always one layer

Things to try:
Switch the format to something else, then back.
Copy the image, close out the image so the image program is blank, and paste it in, then flatten it, and save it.
Switch it from Grayscale to RGB. then back to Grayscale.

Offline Warbound

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »
The image is an always has been flat (No layers), it's 513x513.... however, it was made in Pixlr, so I don't know if it was or is grayscale or how to fix that. :/

I've tried switching the format, the copy and paste thing and as mentioned before I have no clue how to make it grayscale.

Thanks, though. I'll look around and see if I can find a way to make the image Grayscale. (I don't have photoshop >.<)

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »
I've never head of Pixlr before, so I won't be much help there.

But you can download a program called GIMP (it's kinda like photoshop) for free.

Offline Warbound

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »
Pixlr is photoshop for poor people xD

Anyway, thanks a lot and I'll look into GIMP or get email the image to a friend and make them turn it Grayscale >:3

Thanks for the help!

Offline Warbound

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:15 pm »
Okay so, I went on my mom's computer this morning and made a 513x513 grayscale png in photoshop, sent it to myself, put it in the terrains folder, the name was TrialTerrain.png aaaand it still crashed just the same. So far I've tried everything posted above at least three times, scoured the help forum for every post that had anything even remotely similar to my problem and tried their posted solutions, and still the moment I try to upload a handmade terrain in map-maker it just turns off FH and tells me it's not responding. I'm beginning to get really frustrated now, nothing seems to be working mapwise for me. In fact, the only Heightmap it lets me use is default and watermill. Can somebody please figure out what's going on?

Offline Sajination

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »
I'm having this exact problem. I've made my heightmap in photoshop elements 6.0, with the size 513x513, greyscale, one layer and png, but it still doesn't work.
The thing that confuses me the most is that I've made heightmaps before and successfully opened them in the Fh map maker.
I honestly have no idea how to fix this, I've tried everything above and more from other threads, but it still just crashes x_x
Sajination does not sleep. She waits.