Author Topic: Height Map Crashing  (Read 2741 times)

Coral

Height Map Crashing
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:10:47 pm »
Well, the terrain map is working fine.
And I have got the height map in C:/>FeralHeart>media>terrain
It's a PNG
Size is 513
But immediately when I upload it to the Map Maker, Feral heart crashes.
I've tried re-installing, different computer and downloading some missing temp files. I've even tried the whole keep it on one layer rule.
I'm currently using photoshop to make mine, if it's not the game, what am I doing wrong with the files etc.?

Please help! Thankyou :]

Asheyx

Re: Height Map Crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »
Hmm.. You got all requirements right, as far as I can see. Maybe it's just that your height map is too detailed, which means that your computer can't handle it.

Offline Arystina

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:16:09 pm »
If you make a height map and merge layers together, FH won't take it. At least, that's what's been going on with me. Try copying and pasting your height map onto a new document and re saving it. Anchor the layer only. Don't create a new layer and merge them together. Hope that works.

-Angel-

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »
this happens to me when the heightmap is more than one layer. Check to see if its one layer. And do u have it in grayscale?

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:07:04 am »
Also when you save it as a .png and you have more than one layer, GIMP will ask you whether if you want to merge the layers or flatten them. When I merged them FH immediately crashed, but when I flattened the image it seemed to work.

Hope this helps.

Coral

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
Right well, I've tried flatten and re-pasting etc. it.
I've also tried making a map with hardly any detail. Simply a blurred spot on the middle. Seems nothing works on any of the computers I'm using. Think of trying on my mac...

I'll see what happens, thanks for all the great support and help guys! :]

Asheyx

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »
Flatten your image won't help. Your Height Map has to be and has to ALWAYS has been ONE layer.
But if you tried another one, that's weird. Maybe try changing your color mode to RGB and then back to Grayscale again.

Coral

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:55:51 pm »
Thankyou so much!! In the transaction of email, ( I changed to a new computer) It must have gone back to RGB Colour!
I changed it back to greyscale and it looks amazing!
Thankyou so much. C: