Author Topic: Patch missing files?  (Read 1048 times)

Abstract_ookami

Patch missing files?
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:32:17 am »
I don't really know where to put this so if it isn't in the right spot, I'm sorry.

I stopped playing Feral Heart for a couple of months and came back to the game. I had to download the patch before I could get back on so I downloaded it. I noticed new markings in the character creation but a few didn't work.
Later, while I was going through my FH files because I was trying to download a map, I noticed the markings that didn't work, were missing in my files.

Also, while I was trying to download a map for a group I was in, my friend told me to put it in the export folder.
I didn't have an export folder so I had to make one. It still didn't work.

Another problem I've had with the new patch is that the game has been slowing down everyone who is connected to my network dramatically. So much to where they cannot use their internet.
Ever since I've downloaded the new patch I've been having problem with map server failures (I'm not trying to connect to a user made map) and bad tokens almost every day.

If there is anything I can do to fix the problem with the missing files, please let me know.
I know I can reinstall the game but to be honest, I'm not going to waste my time reinstalling the game when the patch should've worked in the first place. I think Kovu needs to worry about his game that is full of bug instead of worrying about a Facebook game.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Patch missing files?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:23 am »
I generally think you're connection might be having some issues itself.

The sites downloads are all fine as long as you got a solid connection yourself.

If there's missing things such as folders and markings etc, I'd actually suggest you to uninstall the game completely, removing the FH folder from the C:\ drive as well. Once that's done, download both the game installer and the newest patch from our download page again (best if you used utorrent and a torrent download to ensure you get working ones and not the same issue again).

Install the game, and it should work better that way.

However, FH shouldn't slow down your internet down that much when playing unless you already are using your bandwidth for other things. There might have been some changes if you've been away for months, cause FH has around 100 more players just around peak times now.

First fix the game itself, download a fresh copy and uninstall the old one since you clearly got broken installers the last time, and use torrent.

Once you got a working game again, see if it made any difference, if not, make sure your connection is alright, and no other devices and programs are using your bandwidth preventing you from connecting to the game.
Former community manager of FeralHeart