Author Topic: Glitch, or the FH shutdown? (Solution might have been found...)  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch, or the FH shutdown?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »
one of the directX components for the game I believe, it should lay within the game folder but probably doesn't.

A reinstall might solve that, and if not, you must download and install directX on your system.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 05:20:11 pm »
ooooooohhhhhh. Now that I think about it, my new vista computer may not have directx at all. I'm so use to skipping that because my older computer, who lost it's battle to a virus, may it rest in peace, had the newest versions. *facepaw* I'll re-install along with direct x, but will I lose my maps doing that? One of them belongs to my friend and I don't know what would happen if it got deleted.... ^^'

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:17 pm »
You will lose maps if you just remove the game.

But you can make backups, just copy the map folders and the objects that it needs etc. I can not know what you need, but you should know. If you just use standard objects it's just to copy the map folders plain off.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Petalthorn

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »
Gah! I installed direct x, and tried both rendering systems. I still can't get to the Kovu lion. Then I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it, and it still won't go to Kovu. It can find direct x, but it still keeps saying FeralHeart.exe is not responding and windows will find a solution, which it never does.

I still don't get it. The game was working perfectly find earlier, and I haven't done anything except add objects to the object maker, which I now have to re-do. >.> *glares at the computer*