Author Topic: MAP HELP  (Read 1190 times)

Kiat

MAP HELP
« on: October 17, 2011, 12:14:43 am »
Ok, I made a really awesome map and i tried exporting it and it exported it, and i found the new file in exports but it only had 1 thing in it and then i was like okkkkk and i tried zipping it and im pretty sure i did it right but when my friend downloaded it, she was like, it could use improvements and i was like WTF its amazing and so i looked at it and all of the objects were gone and there was just random birds in the air and nothing else. I got super mad so i tried exporting it and it was like, Failed to Load!

>:I

And maybe i need some advice on how to zip it.

Kiat

Re: MAP HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:24:40 am »
Ok, heres what im trying.. All of the files that are something like, MyObject MyTrees MyPlants etc, that have a notpad sybol, im putting those in the files im zipping. And some other random files.

Kiat

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:09:31 am »
Yup, you need to put all those files in. They may have the notepad icon but they are needed to make the map work properly.

Kiat

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:45:58 pm »
OK

Kiat

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:20:49 pm »
DIDNT WORK >.< Okay, i made the map PERFECTLY. I uploaded it to mediafire and and it didnt turn out as it should have, yet again.

Okay, the stuff in the pink. I tried to sip that, not sure if i succeded, but It uploaded to mediafire perfectly. But it took forever. And it was still the crappy map my friend though  i made! I put all of the stuff in the green in the folder, and THAT'S when it took forever. (Stuuf in green as in MyTrees.fho, MyPlants.fho, ETC.)
And so when it didnt work, I tried uploading the file in the red circle. DIDNT WORK. Heres what happened when i tried uploading the red circled thing to mediafire..

So idk whats wrong. HELP and if you need more screenshots, plz ask.

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 01:03:56 am »
Woah. Lots of files in the exports folder there o_O

Might as well delete the map files you exported and then try re-exporting. Just backup your original exports folder, make a new one if you have to, and when you're done exporting your map restore your original exports.

Then try putting all the files of your map (includes objects group such as MyTrees, ect.) into one single folder, zip and upload that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:17:01 am by Defined »

Kiat

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »
I did that, and someone said that you need to like put all the objects in diffrent groups then MYTrees or MyRocks if you uploaded them from someone without defualt or something like that.. o.o