Author Topic: Something that has been bothering me.  (Read 1517 times)

Liekos

Something that has been bothering me.
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:16:14 am »
Hello, I haven't been here for awhile. Well, a long, long time really. I'm sorry about that.
I just wanted to say something, but if this isn't okay then feel free to lock it up. Also I'm sorry if what I say doesn't seem to make any sense.

Alright. Some of you may have heard of this, depending if you live in Australia or not, but on Monday a young girl died while crossing the train tracks. I'm not going to say who, or what her name was, but for now we will call her Sam. I have only ever seen Sam once in my life, she was really pretty. Never met her, heard many great things about her, but she was a friend of my friends. On that Monday morning Sam was off to the city to buy her mother a cake for her birthday. She was in a rush, as her train was about to arrive really soon, and she didn't want to miss it. There were these gates that were prohibited, no body was allowed to open them, as they led to the train tracks, and also seemed to be a shortcut.

Either way, she still opened them, and made her way across. Suddenly, a V-line train was heading its way down the tracks. People saw her, and screamed, urging her to get out of there as quickly as possible. But she had earphones on, and she couldn't hear them - or how close the train was.

It was 10:30am and I was still in bed. Unlike many others, school didn't start on a Monday for me, so a call that early was a little bit strange. It was my cousin, she asked me if a knew a girl named Sam, I answered no, but she's a friend of a friend. Then she asked me if she was dead, I said that I didn't know, and she suggested that I give Grace a call. Or at least hop onto Facebook. I quickly called Grace and asked her about it, she told me that she had a feeling it must have been Sam.

And, it was. Her face was everywhere, on almost every socializing website there was. Even Youtube. An event was planned on the day after Sam's death, which was yesterday, at the train station were she had passed away. My friends went to the memorial and so did four hundred others. Pages on Facebook were made dedicated to Sam, and there, people were able to post their RIP's. More posts grew on the pages, and something else managed to creep their way online as well. Haters. Trolls.

I've read their posts, and now I really regret it. The things they said about her was absolutely disgusting.

"Who cares, she deserved to die! May she rest in hell, REST IN HELL SAM!"

"Yay, she's gone! Woohoo! I mean whoops, sorry that she died, haha!"

"Who the #$@% is that stupid? It was her own fault, that %$@#! stupid slut."

"That dumb $#@& messed up the train."

... Really? A young girl has just died and you're worried about the train? You're worried about the train, when it can be fixed up in no time, and don't have a tiny bit of sympathy for the girl? Really now.

Of course there were many, many other horrible posts. Yes. I understand, and like many others, she did cross the train track. Yes, that was an incredible mistake. Please don't tell me this because I have heard and read it a thousand times. However, she still died, and was loved by many. I suppose this is the key to this post: Why on earth do people act like that?

It just makes me so angry! Bullies and trolls! GAHHHH >:(
Again, feel free to lock this post if it is nonsense. Got it all of out my system now.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Something that has been bothering me.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:42:36 am »
Her name is published everywhere, I'm in Canada and I heard about it.

This is the internet, unfortunately, there are so many heartless people who feel they can get away with it because nobody can find them.... It's sad.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:23 am »
I live in Australia and haven't heard anything about it XD;

But yeah people can be incredibly sick and inconsiderate :\

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:10:11 am »
Thats really sad, I feel really sorry for Sam.
And Its horrible that they post rude stuff like that...
They are some heartless haters..D:

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »
Right there is just some things that make me want to thump the wall and this is one of them things.... I can't believe they would say that.

Offline VivaBean

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~un mundo de amor~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 07:08:43 pm »
Here in the states we have heard about it. People really are heartless at times... But you know...I believe it's a burden they will carry with them and if they decide to grow up, they will regret everything. You can't really take back what has been said..

~Intoxicated eyes, no longer live that life.
You should have learned by now, I'll burn this whole world down.
I need some peace of mind, no fear of what's behind. 
You think you've won this fight, you've only lost your mind.~

Rukata

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:08:44 pm »
That's so hateful! No one deserves to die.. well, okay, maybe I can think of a few people, but all of those committed inhumane acts anyway. Though, I haven't heard of this where I live in the states, but to be fair I also don't watch the news or anything.. not like any of the people I know here in East Tennessee would pay attention to it either. D:

It's a tragedy.. and although crossing the train tracks without being able to hear a train approaching wasn't the best idea, it's too late now. It's still sad nonetheless and people should show some respect for the dead.

Offline DungeonSiegeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 06:03:07 am »
I've never heard about this inccident. I DO know that NO ONE, unless that person hates EVERYTHING, deserves to die...  People who say these rude,hateful, stupid things to other people just make me mad. Not mad mad, like, bang my head a million times on a desk mad.
I feel sorry for Sam, but what she did was unnecassary..
I'm sorry, but for what I beleive, I think the hardest thing to do on Earth is to at least walk on it.