Author Topic: Preset won't appear to other players  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Kaimaler

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset won't appear to other players
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:56:56 pm »
Alright, I tried a few suggestions from other people, but it's just not working.

Now I made three new presets and on my screen I can see them clearly, no bugs to me. Yet when I ask another player, they tell me they don't see it.
I found this out yesterday and have been trying to find out what's wrong.

I used Photoshop CS5, imported JPEG files from C:/Feralheart/my_presets/preset_1
No bugs appeared then.
I layered them, but flattened them when I was done and converted to JPEG image. No sizes changed, etc.
I put the finished JPEG image in the preset folder I wanted and renamed it accordingly. (I.E originally preset_1head.jpg was put in C:/Feralheart/my_presets/preset 4 and renamed preset_4head.jpg)

Now, so far I thought they had been working, but when asked other players claim to see the pelt beneath the preset, which is the custom setting.

Exporting works as far as I can see, it appears at the "Edit" screen after logging in and selecting presets. It just won't appear and I can't figure it out.

Any ideas guys? :)
Thanks in advance for whatever people can offer.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Preset won't appear to other players
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:03:56 pm »
Have you sent these people the exported preset files? if not, they can't see your presets without those files.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:27:07 pm »
Kyugima is right. Once you export a preset it will create a single file in your "prsets" folder that is something like, *username here*_1.fhp. You need to upload this file to some place like MediaFire so that others can download it and drag it into their own preset files.

Now if you have done that... Well, my computer has issues like that sometimes, as it very annoyingly only chooses to show me random presets. Be that as it may...
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Kaimaler

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:21:36 pm »
Ah, see, I though presets were visible to all players when done properly, I didn't know they could only be viewed by the person with the preset and other people with the preset downloaded.
Why didn't anyone include that in the preset tutorials? :(

Oh well, thanks guys, that actually does help me a lot. :)