Author Topic: Weird Terrain Problem  (Read 1733 times)

Giraffe

Weird Terrain Problem
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:41:17 am »
On each map I go on, the terrain textures are the African Grass. This includes member-made maps & default maps. Its very unappealing and I would prefer to see the map terrain textures in their true glory</3

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Weird Terrain Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:37:25 am »
A lot of people are having this problem, actually. I personally haven't seen or heard about a fix so far. did this just happen spontaneously, or after you downloaded the patch, or maybe a map?
It's good that the game is still playable and everything, but it sucks that everything is African Grass, especially when it's like.. snow, or something xP

Offline Ippiki-Ookami

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:56:34 am »
I have this problem as well though my maps have been like this ever since the 1.11 patch I think.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:46:34 am by Ippiki-Ookami »

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:57:35 am »
Yeah, so did another friend of mine.. I have no idea what would be the cause of stuff to happen so randomly, though.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »
I don't know the solution for this either but..

It should be either some sort of conflict in the texture names or material files.

Or it's the fact that your graphics card/chip on the computer doesn't like the new ogre update that the game uses(as in the graphics engine the game got updated).

What I'd suggest is that you install FH with a new game installer from our site here. But make sure you install it in a NEW location, and not the standard one like "C:\FeralHeart" Instead maybe make a folder on the C drive and then install it to something like "C:\Test\FeralHeart".

Run the game without and mods or funky stuff installed to it, see if you get the same grass everywhere. Now if you do, go into your options menu and do the regular fix of trying to change the rendering mode. Choose the one you do NOT have marked, then restart the game as it asks you to do so.

If your game STILL has the same grass all I can say is this.

-You have a fresh game installed on your computer without any mods or maps, so it's not the game that's the fault
-You have tried both rendering modes inside the game and the other settings shouldn't affect the game in this way

So the conclusion would be that either your computer(graphics card) doesn't like to work with the game and causes it to look that way, and in that case you should try installing graphic card drivers and see if it works any better. Drivers can be found at the manufacturers site. Or that kov would need to look into this matter and see if there's something with the game that causes it to look this way for only "some" users.

This is pretty much all I can say.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:46:23 am »
If I change the rendering to OpenGL, it crashes pretty frequently. Would you have to go to the manufacturer update that too? Or is it just that it's not too compatible with my computer or something?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:22:39 am »
Some driver updates add an extension for such rendering modes but far from all does.

You do not have to go to the manufacturer, just go on the graphics card/graphics chips home site, they most likely have drivers there for your comp.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Giraffe

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »
Thank you Red! Now I can see the textures correctly. Your map pack looks even better with different terrains :3!

Offline WolfgangtheHusky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »
Yes, I have only just recently had this problem. Whenever I type in the mask it doesn't use the one I've made, it just puts random swipes of black on it :/ Do you know what to do?
If you wish to contact me please seek my Deviant Art account~ WolfgangtheHusky.