Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working  (Read 1643 times)

Offline DuskTheCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Everybody gangsta til the pants start walkin'.
    • View Profile
FeralHeart.exe has stopped working
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:49 pm »
Ever since the night I exported a Transformers 2 Egypt map and saved it for my rp group and downloaded a mesh, FH says it's stopped working. Whenever I try to run FH, the screen turns a light gray and a message pops up saying FeralHeart has stopped working. I've tried restoring the files, rebooting my comp, shutting it down for a whole minute then back on, but still nothing

--
If Jack Daniel's Whiskey is chicken, why wasn't it at the bar when it was alive and get wasted?

Offline Deviedra

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Await the night
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:08:20 pm »
This happens when you export maps. I use FH+ to export my maps.

Just copy everything in the FH folder you don't want to lose, move that stuff into a FH folder in your documents (make one called 'fh stuff' or something). Uninstall the game + patch, delete all FH related things (even the shortcuts on your desktop to it), all files and such. Then delete the FHSetup.exe and the patch setup. Then redownload the setups for both the patch and the game (but don't torrent them, you can torrent the game but don't torrent the patch). Reinstall it, add the patch, put all your files back and you should be good to go. If you have FH+, I'd suggest continuing your map on the map maker in fh+ and move the exported files into your fh folders.
----------------p????--------------------

Offline DuskTheCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Everybody gangsta til the pants start walkin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:37:44 pm »
When deleting FH files, does that include screenshots?

--
If Jack Daniel's Whiskey is chicken, why wasn't it at the bar when it was alive and get wasted?

Offline Deviedra

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Await the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:58:01 pm »
Yep, everything. If there are screenshots you want to keep, move them.
----------------p????--------------------

Offline Jegrde

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:04:15 am »
I moved everything out, saved and redownloaded. I added my map back in and the same thing happened.  I checked to make sure the FH was working before I entered the map files back. Then I added them. Stopped working. Took the out. Still not working. I've repeated this thrice. I'm fully frustrated that I might have lost my map that I've spent countless hours on.

Any suggestions?