Author Topic: FeralHeart+ Virus???  (Read 1184 times)

Offline PandaLove

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FeralHeart+ Virus???
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:45 pm »
Hi, I downloaded FeralHeart+ and uninstalled FeralHeart and followed the procedures ... But when I went to log in on FeralHeart+, my AVG said "Threat Detected". The regular FeralHeart is fine though. Does FeralHeart+ have a virus? Or it it safe? Please be honest!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:47:54 pm by Panda »

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart+ Virus???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:20:03 am »
I've heard about that, it may be because there is a movie clip maker, although I doubt avg would do that for some odd reason, I would try reading other post, if you feel it is unsafe, stick with regular feral hearts then.

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:41:50 am »
At the moment i did't see any threat at feralheart +, it will be good if you can tell us what file and what is the thread name. It will be useful to know if there is a false alarm, or true threat problem.

One thing to note: Sometimes, there are virus that infects normal programs.

Offline Zaephyr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • The Derpinater
    • View Profile
    • Atrum Lux
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:01 am »
What I suggest you do first of is run a full virus scan, this will quickly tell you if theres a virus or not, if so, it will isolate the file, and you can then pinpoint where it's coming from.

Now, as already stated it's most likely not a virus embedded in fh+ itself, but most likely an outside virus that has infected a fh+ file.

So, run a virus scan first, and if you dont know how, get someone to help you out ^^

Offline PandaLove

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:37 am »
Ok, I updated my AVG, downloaded FeralHeart+, and ran a full computer scan, then I scanned the FeralHeart+ file its self, and nothing came up! :) Thanks for the advice guys!

Offline Zaephyr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • The Derpinater
    • View Profile
    • Atrum Lux
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:51 am »
Not a problem, in that case it was most likely your security going a bit over the top ^^