Author Topic: Material files not recognized by object maker  (Read 1695 times)

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Material files not recognized by object maker
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:38:49 pm »
I was recently able to convert .blend files over to .mesh and .mat , The .mesh files worked fine but only one of the material files ever registered. Yes they were in the right folder, yes I made sure to the title was case sensetive, and I did not include .mat after the name because I wasn't supposed to. I don't know why though, only one out of seven or so other materials worked. If you have any possible solutions, please reply.

CloudFish

Re: Material files not recognized by object maker
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:45 pm »
I think, did you make a .material file for them all?

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »
Yes they are all the correct file extension, and they all also came out from the blender export.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »
Hmrmr... I suppose you could try exporting them individually? I don't honestly know much about Blender, I'm just making assumptions.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:29:10 am »
As far as I know you can't export the materials individually, I'm pretty sure they just come in one pack.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »
Hmmm, well what i have learnt from experience is that you cant just add images to the mesh's and export it expecting a material file to show up with it. You need to add the material and texture in Blender firstly.

My easiest solution is maybe make a new material file for it and load the texture in Object Maker, its what i used to do. The mesh will turn out white until you add the texture in Object Maker.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:03:59 pm »
Although I did uvmap one (insert a picture to the model), the rest are just plain colours added to the model (yes I did assign them while in blender,) this should have worked, right? Also if I use a assign a material in blender to replace with an image, and after I export it I put the material and the mesh file in the correct folders, should I also put the referenced image in the texture folder? The error I get is file not found. But, I realized after reopening the game the next day that some of the materials that didn't work before work now. Now I still have the issues of meshes not showing as being two sided, and some colours still do not work after that.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »
This is what I have created so far:

with the very little bit of experience I have, it still looks cool. It could look so much cooler though with the meshes fixed up, and more of a scene created.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »
Yes, i remember those mesh's, do one of the materials in Object Maker say "BaseWhite"? You might have to make your own material file. Im still kinda new at Blender so i dont really know what else to do.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.