Author Topic: maps  (Read 881 times)

Offline appel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • mew :3
    • View Profile
maps
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:02:52 pm »
how do i make it so that other people can download my map?

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: maps
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:14:45 pm »
Please look at the manual, it's between downloads and fourm. Also, you will need a program called gimp as paint.nat dons't have a grayscale option and photoshop costs money (I think I heard that before).   

How to upload a map that YOU made, so other people can download it and explore it

Before you even start, make sure to press the 'export' button in mapmaker.

First, you must have a program called WinRar. This is a free and safe program, and you can download it Here

Secondly go to My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Exports

In this folder, there will be files. The game has told you what it exported when you hit export. It definitely exported a '.fhm' file and one or a few '.fho' files, and possibly a '.fhs' and '.fhw' file. The '.fhm' file is the map info itself. The .fho is the objects files and info, the .fhs is the sky (if you put in a custom one) and the .fhw is the weather file (again, if you put in a custom one.) Drag all these files out onto your desktop. Right click on the .fhm file. Once you have right clicked on it, hover you mouse over 'send to' and then click 'Compressed (zipped) Folder'. A message might pop up, click yes. Then, drag all the other files into this zipped folder as well.

Next, go to Mediafire. You may create an account if you wish, but it's not compulsory. Upload the ZIP file you made to this website. When you've done that, post the link on your thread. People will now be able to download your map. There are other websites like Mediafire, such as Rapidshare.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:16:58 pm by Stephen99 »
Signature by Green

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: -60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:25:46 am »
ok here:www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+download+other+people+maps&oq=how+to+download+other+people+maps&aq=f&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=477l5354l0l5540l22l20l0l1l1l3l858l5291l2.4.5.2.4.0.1l18l0

Offline ilovewolve

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: -60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:17 am »