Author Topic: Other Animals  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Tyranitaurus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shlappa Flabber Gopper Bo Bop?
    • View Profile
Other Animals
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:09 am »
I have noticed there are a lot of players that make animal chars besides wolves and lions, like horses, deer, birds, and dragons. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if those were animals that you could actually design and play with? I cant do any computer stuff to make them myself because my laptop doesn't have any drawing programs on it, but I thought it would be cool if there was another animal you can use to make characters with. What do you guys think?

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: Other Animals
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:09 am »
So many topics on this already, but its like 50/50 right now. Some wanna keep it the same, not to mention kovu dosent seem to have the time for lots of FH stuff so it would be proly something he couldnt work on. But the odd animal i guess id like, im fine as it is though :P

Offline darlingling

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
I love the new +fh

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:47 am »
I quite honestly think it is fine how it is, But if a new animal was added that would be great but as most of the comments on other topics similar to this, I doubt anything like this will happen.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:04 am »
2nd skippys post.

Feline/Canine works fine as it is, and you actually feel some sort unique FH world/universe created here. Users even got their own ways of creating new sorts of species and roleplay as other things such as horses if they feel creative enough for it. But for example, placing a horse model into the game would seem so out of place words cannot describe, same if something like a reptile were added.

Feline/Canine is a very good mix and I honestly hope it stays that way. Something to think about were if for example, "Preys" were added into a future patch, and we had Lions and wolves killing zebras and deers, then we'd have the horses killing gazelles and nomming meat, no? Well alright, that would mean that the game would need to be programmed so the horses wouldn't eat this meat, but instead, maybe make grass they could eat instead? This would need use of extra animations as well? Respect would be needed to taken into the game for the different kinds. Some extra work should not be bowed upon, but this seems like too much. Feline and canine still go on a rather fair plane together.

So not only would FH loose their identity as a Feline/Canine game to the core, but there would be many things that would need to be thought over a 2nd time and remade, but also demands for more characters/species would come like a wave.

Other animals is a big no from me at the current date even though it's not really up to me.
Former community manager of FeralHeart