Author Topic: What is WRONG with people these days?  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Knightmare

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
What is WRONG with people these days?
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:41:27 pm »
Alright so i was at bonfire island, looking for a little rp.. so i sat down by a tree and i started passively roleplaying trying to lure some people to me.. first a feline character walked up to me.. i started typing my greeting speech and he just instantly leaves.. so im like okay a little wierd but okay. So then lay down again and sure enough later theres a canine that walks up to me.. so i type my greet "Who dares approach me" and he just stands there looking at me.. not typing.. so i just wait until he says somthing but he just stares at me and then runs away so i was like SCREW THIS GAME and i exited out. and now im complaining on the forums lol

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: What is WRONG with people these days?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »
Some people aren't all into the roleplaying stuff. Most come on to chat and just mess around. They obviuosly were most likely curious about you sitting off on you're own and decided to take a look? And some people on here are young and may take the greeting wrong. I don't know. But there's nothing 'wrong' with those kinds of people. They're probably uninterested in roleplaying or were just unsure what to do. Who knows but the people themselves tbh.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Karly

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:44 pm »
If you want to roleplay, I suggest going to Fluorite Plains. The possibility of someone joining your roleplay there is higher. Let's just say that Bonfire houses quite some "nasty" individuals, though this is certainly not the case with everyone.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:33:01 pm by Karly »

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:49:25 pm »
Some people are mean, so just ignore them

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »
This is kinda silly. You can't expect everyone to RP with you. :P
And like Tanglemask said, some of the players are rather young and could have misunderstood the greeting.

That's why we have RP groups. c:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »
This is kinda silly. You can't expect everyone to RP with you. :P
And like Tanglemask said, some of the players are rather young and could have misunderstood the greeting.

That's why we have RP groups. c:

*Casually points up*
I agree, not everyone will Roleplay with you. Some people might actually even take you too seriously. I think you overreacted a bit also. Some people might have no idea what is going on.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:42:47 pm »
As said above, not everyone will roleplay with you!
Alot of people mostly chat and mess around rather than Roleplay.
If you want to Roleplay with people though, try going to Flourite Plains and Ficho Tunnel. Or, try joining in a Roleplay group.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:17:32 pm »
I think one should be a little more lenient with the folks in Bonfire. Most of them are young or inexperienced rpers who can't/don't distinguish between IC and OOC.

Like everyone else has already said, try your luck in Florite or start your own rp group if that's your forte. or just do what a lot of people do and just derp around and chat.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline triskadancer

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:28 am »
Alright so i was at bonfire island, looking for a little rp.....
...so i type my greet "Who dares approach me"...

Did you ever consider maybe using a less aggressive "greeting?" When you sound like you don't want people to come near you, well... it kind of makes people not come near you. :P

I've noticed a lot of people on another game I play complain about not finding RP, but all they do is sit around and wait for people to approach. Often they also have characters who are aggressive. These two things in combination make it hard to find roleplay. My advice is go out looking for it instead of sitting around waiting for it to fall into your lap!

wolffoxalliance

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »
There's nothing wrong with people.If you look for RP then write on general or something that youre interested in joiniing a group(thats the only way you can have a real RP) and thats it.But make sure you go in FLuorite Plains thats the place where people use to RP.No one can know that you want to RP by just sitting around.