Author Topic: Chegars  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Chegars
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »
Chegars
APPEARANCE
   Chegars are very various creatures not related with any today animals, but certainly they are mammals.
   There are two kinds/subspecies of them: fechegars and cachegars. Fechegars look similar to felines. They have short muzzles with strong bite, muscled legs, long tails and rounded ears. Unlike them, cachegars have long legs that allows them to run very fast, but they are weaker than fechegars'. Cachegars also have long muzzles, thick tails and pointy ears.
   Both types have patterned pelts (for ex. striped or spotted) in rather natural colors like black, white, pale, brown, grey. Usually (but not always) these patterns are in the same color as pelt but brighter/darker. During chegars' long life their colors may change. For example markings darker than pelt can become lighter than pelt and vice versa. Features common for ALL chegars are black rims around eyes.
   But the most amazing fact is that their pituitary glands produce two extra hormons named cornilina and alaemina. Cornilina can be activated when chegar is young. It's responsible for producting minerals and keratin to make antlers, horns, bigger claws or other tough constructions (generally antlers) on the head, back or legs. Alaemina can be activated when chegar is fully adult. With this hormon body starts to produce secound pair of shoulder blades, then muscles, blood vessels, lymphatics, nerve cells/nerves, skin and everything what is needed to create wings. How long it takes to make antlers and wings formation? It depends. It may take even few hours, but it takes incredibly a lot of energy, so usually chegars decide to make them more slowly.
Both hormons can be control, so if chegar doesn't want to have antlers or wings it doesn't have to. Also these constructions may detach if they are too old or chegar doesn't want to have them anymore. Later, they can be made one more time.

BEHAVIOUR AND BREEDING
   Chegars are known for their moody and diverse personality. Every chegar has his own interests and character, but most of them like being with other creatures even if they are not chegars. They don't claim teritories. One exception is when couple has cubs- then they start small teritory around den to keep cubs safer. Mates spends whole life together like wolves and their cubs stay with parents for a long time learning how to use their abilities. Females give birth to 1-5 cubs in one litter. Chegars can make pairs with canines or felines, but cubs won't have abilities characteristic for chegars (making antlers and wings).
   Keeping body alive, creating keratin constructions and wings at the same time takes A LOT of energy, so chegars are usually hungry. They are meateaters. They hunt for a big prey (ex. deer or elk) not in groups, because with horns and wings they are strong enough to catch big animal. If there is not enough food chegars eat fruits, vegetables and other plants.

SPECIAL ABILITIES/MAGIC
   Chegars aren't very magical creatures. Some of them can create on their paws small electrical discharges called lights and use them as weapon or "torch". Lights are in the same color as eyes.

And now some images :D

the eldest known cachegar called Kertian

young fechegar

adult fechegars

example how chegar's colors may change during life

Tips how to make chegar in FH:
1) If You want cachegar choose canine, if you want fechegar choose feline
2) You choose markings (spots and stripes would be the best)
3) You choose colors, but please no red, pink, blue etc.
4) You can add antlers, horns and/or wings
5) Make black above and below eyes!!!

Chegars are open species, but please do not claim them as your own. Thank You :3

Any questions? Feel free to ask!
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Profile picture by TinyTail
Signature by Cherryheart aka Zeriten

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Chegars
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:50 pm »
These species you made are very interesting, I enjoyed reading and knowing more about it o3o Also I pretty much loved the colors and design of it ^^

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:02:16 am »
:o Very interesting indeed.
I LOVE the idea! You're so creative about it c:
Keep up the good work!

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:15 pm »
These species you made are very interesting, I enjoyed reading and knowing more about it o3o Also I pretty much loved the colors and design of it ^^
:o Very interesting indeed.
I LOVE the idea! You're so creative about it c:
Keep up the good work!

Thank You very much! ^^
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »
neat, but i dont have mass items. It crashes FH.

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:08:23 pm »
neat, but i dont have mass items. It crashes FH.
Actually, You don't have to have items :)
Many chegars don't have horns.
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:44 pm »
I wanted horns but ok

Offline Sylis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:40 am »
This species of chegar and fechegar are very creative and wonderful looking creatures. The explanation for the creature shown was very interesting as well.

Thanks for putting this up. I really enjoyed reading into this magnificent species!