Author Topic: Movie Spam  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Necromancy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
Movie Spam
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
Movie spam has to be one of the most annoying things in FeralHeart, and whilst it's easy to turn off Movie Clips, some people want to look at others' clips and find a roleplay through them, which they cannot do if the entire chat is being spammed with movies that are exactly the same, by the same person.

I have a proposition.

I don't want to insist this be made, seeing as I have no right to and do not wish for the game makers to feel they have to, and so it is a suggestion, not an order.

There could be a timer on the amount of movie clips one can make; say, thirty seconds, perhaps. In those thirty seconds, whenever the user clicks the "Publish" button for their movie clip, a small message comes up saying something like this: "You cannot publish a movie for 30 seconds" or simply "Wait 30 seconds".

Not sure if this idea has already been put forwards, seeing as I don't go on the forums regularly, and if it has, feel free to tell me or simply delete the post.

I hope you'll take my idea into account. Thanks fer reading this.

CloudFish

Re: Movie Spam
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »
This has been proposed a number of times in various ways, however, the gamemaker, singular, our single gamemaker is probably not apt to take it into consideration among the other things being asked for/ requested.

The idea is a good one, a useful one, nonetheless, it is not apt to be pushed. Kov would probably argue that as long as the somewhat self-implemented staff does their "jobs" it shouldn't be a problem. Obviously not the case. We all know the Mods are not able to babysit the Plains twenty-four seven. The timer is an excellent idea we can only hope for.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »
The idea itself is not bad at all. But like CloudFish said, it's highly unlikely that this will be added, because of our gamemaker.
Since KovuLKD does not seem to be interested in updating the game.
For now, I do believe the only thing holding back the movie spam are the moderators.
And of course the users who take the time to report the rule breakers. (:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Lunarwing11

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Meow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:13:13 am »
Yes, this would be nice. The other day, someone posted about 50 movie clips of them saying 'hi'. There were so many that the whole chat box was covered in yellow writing. In the end, I turned off movie, but this would help a lot if you had to watch other movie clips.

Ingame: Lunarwing11
Join my RP?

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »
In which case, if this is occurring and you screenshot it, you can always send a report to an admin or mod if they're not online to stop it.