Author Topic: Terrain Color Mask Help~?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Hazelstiltskin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nyahaha~
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt! :D
Terrain Color Mask Help~?
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:05:47 am »
(I hope this didn't post more than once, because it froze and I couldn't tell if I'd clicked 'post' more than once :I)

Bah, I always get stuck when working on this part of maps xD

I made the height map fine, it worked, and then the terrain color mask doesn't work. I have black spots all over the map, and when I switch to '2' or '3' and choose a different terrain, it just kind of overlaps the first terrain. Idk if I need to attach a picture, but it's hard to explain~
If I choose '1', and african grass, some of my map turns that terrain. The rest is black. If I choose '2', and click something like 'black' or 'greenergrass' the african grass just slightly tints black or greener. :U

I used the pure colors, red 255, green 255, blue 255 in my mask. I used the same dimensions; 513x513. That size is the exact same as the height map. I've tried flattening the image. Just pointing out what I tried~ ;3

Anyone able to help? =3=
"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain Color Mask Help~?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:10:13 am »
Hm, it seems you could be somehow overlapping the textures? Did you change opacity of the colors? It seems odd that this would do such a thing.

Offline Hazelstiltskin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nyahaha~
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt! :D
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13:31 am »
The only time I changed opacity was when making the top layer lighter than the bottom so I could see what went where, like rivers and stuff. And I have no idea about overlapping hurr, I have Photoshop and Gimp and I'm the kidn of person to lazy and antsy to sit through a 30 minute youtube tutorial about how to create one; I've watched a 20 min one and theirs worked, and I just sat watching with a mini-rage face on. xDD FH is being a derp~ ;w;
"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:20:45 am »
Hm, perhaps the system won't allow that you used low opacity once before the main coat?