Author Topic: Extremely disturbing/mind blowing things regarding this game  (Read 3270 times)

Offline bigblackbullets

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • shiekra is the definition of awesomeness.
    • View Profile
Alright people. Time to make your minds explode using things I have found out involving the game
And some other things revolving around real-life situations that I just really need to make other people realize.

OH WHERE TO BEGIN.
how about I make categories.

FERALHEART STEREOTYPES
Do I even need to explain?
Now for some reason, there are a whole ton of stereotypes revolving around people in this game... where to begin.

"People on FH have no lives outside of the game"
This is the most inaccurate thing ever. I am a complete social butterfly (Yes I'm of age to be doing everything I'm about to list) who goes to parties, enjoys herself with others (you may interpret that however you wish.), and LOVES being around people. And I'm not the only one! Ive met a TON of people who have quite frantic social lives. And yet we still find time to come on the game a ton c:

"If you have a social life like the one above, you cant roleplay or you're illiterate."
-points to self- I PROVE THIS TO BE COMPLETE STUPIDITY. You dont know how many times ive seen this happening where people just interpret the "popular" crowd or whatever you people call it to be illiterate. One of my very close friends is a FANTASTIC writer whos publishing a book... and shes more of a butterfly than I am.

"If youre really really literate and type long rp posts, you are a social outcast."
I dont even know how this got started but its completely ridiculous. Need I say more?

"Everyone on FH is either extremely unattractive, goth, little kids, or social outcasts."
I'd like to know who thought this one up. I hate spotlighting myself like this because it makes me seem like a real egocentric jerk but its proof so im using it xD I am incredibly attractive, that is not my ego talking, people say I should be a model, serious. I am not goth. I am almost considered a "prep" or "jock" or "skater-prep". Im not a little kid. Im turning 18 soon. I am FAR from a social outcast.
And again, Im not the only one. There are some incredibly gorgeous, sexy, attractive as heck, people on this game. (I videochat a lot with fhers. Because Im just that coo', yo.) Seriously. Dont even get me started on some of the guys ive met. Just.... Jesus... Eyecandy lemme tell you that right now.

"FH is segregation in a game."
Sometimes this is true. This is regarding the case of the Canines and Felines. But those are immature people who go around saying "ew. a canine/feline. my species is better." But other than that, no. just... no.

"Wolfaboos. EVERYWHERE."
Okay. Just because you have a wolf character does not make you a wolfaboo. Is there anything wrong with being a wolfaboo? No. But please keep your wolfspam to yourself. And you antiwolfaboos.... stop judging people.

"No one is original."
This is whack. I know theres some major mary sue /gary sue characters out there and some major cliches but you should seriously see the parts of those characters that arent... one character of mine would be considered a complete cliche.. her names Jarei. And she ran away from her pride when she was a teen out of fear that the lion she loved was dead, just to run into him again as an adult. (Her pride got attacked while she was gone)... and she is slightly mary sue. shes supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, fastest lioness in the pride (her and the male formed a pride), and extremely intelligent... and yet no one realizes that not only is she all that but shes not that strong... she doesnt sulk in her past... she CANT do everything... she asks for help...she is the definition of ADHD (the character is meant to have adhd)... shes bubbly as heck... and not too intimidating (unless shes running at you, but thats just typical)... she hates children unless theyre her own, infact in one case she hates her own children as well, BUT STILL. You see what i mean? Everyones characters are original. Unless you create a carbon copy of another... but thats different ouo

"There seem to be designated times of day for different rps to be advertised"
This is actually weirdly accurate in some cases.
Did you guys notice that warrior cat rps seem to be most common in the busiest times? (4-9PM EST in my case)
Lion rps seem to be the most common later in the day (for EST)
And Wolf rps seem to be most common earlier in the day (normally ranging 10am-7PM est)
Now these are just the most common rps to see around. But still. Isnt that weird?

"There are 5 main roleplay groups- wolves, lions, demons, Warrior cats, and street dogs."
This is complete stereotyping. Though these seem to be by far the most common roleplays to come across, there are much more.

"MODs are stuckup jerks."
NONONONO. LIES. D: Seriously. I know a small handful of the MODs and I gotta admit some of them are HILARIOUS and just overall awesome people. Take Redlinelies for example (Admin, if you dont know who he is, I suggest studying up on your Admins and MODs). Hes awesome. Though I barely talk to him, Ive seen his posts around and Ive heard what other people who are close with him think about him. And on the topic of Red...

"Redlinelies bans you for blinking."
Again, this is just... -sigh- People, he just wants the game to be safe and secure and he wants rules to be followed. Its not his fault that you cant follow rules. Trust me, ive been in situations where ive been helping friends out of things, dont bother changing his mind, if he banned you, I promise, its for a good reason. And even if it seems he bans alot, guess what, hes online a lot. and he hangs out in the areas where people are most commonly going against rules. So what does that make him? Incredibly smart. He does his job. And he does it well. Sure there may be a few cases where a ban really was a mistake (i.e you accidentally log into an area where the ip was banned without realizing the ip was banned)... but other than that... him, and the rest of the mods and admins, are just keeping the game safe.

"Making maps is hard. EXTREMELY HARD"
Lies. Its so easy a caveman can do it. -shot-
Theres no such thing as being bad at making maps. its like drawing... theres no bad art... there may be people who are considered masters of the map maker... but they got there by practicing and playing around. And I can bet when they first played with the map maker they were no picasso either. Practice makes perfect~

"SEMI-LITERATE..."
there is no such thing as semi literate. Like what is this I dont even...

"All trolls are idiots/jerks."
Lies. I go around trolling sometimes. And its minor too. A lot of times its just butting into an rp until I notice people are getting really annoyed then I go off somewhere. Now some trolls are complete pains and really are jerks, but a good bit of the time, its bored FHers who have nothing better to do at the moment because theyre waiting for their friends to come online or theyre waiting till they have to go do something IRL.

"NOOBS are illiterate"
Okay so that means you were illiterate when you got on the game.
Just dumb. Seriously. They dont know their way around yet, give em a break. FeralHeart is not the source of literacy in this world. Some people come into these games like a professional writer. And just because someone is illiterate does not make them a noob.

"Cant win an argument? Correct their grammar."
Just dont do this.
It makes the other person freak out and alot of the time when you go to correct the persons grammar you dont realize thats just a slip of the finger. Like if someone said "rok" instead of "rock". could just be because they didnt hit the C hard enough.
And not to mention this whole stereotype of what to do in an argument just causes people to blow up on eachother and we do not need that.

"Everyone on this game is a liar."
No. We dont all lie about our lives. A lot of people do, ill admit that. But a lot of us are genuine about who we are. Like myself. -ego-

"Everyone in the game is white."
Nope. One of my besties on this game is black. And I know multiple other black people in this game, as well as multiple asians, dominicans, mexicans, puerto ricans, and much more. Feralheart is a rainbow.

"Feralhearts new maps are a piece of poop."
Yes, ill admit, theyre not the prettiest things in the world. But with everyone constantly pressuring KovuLKD to make new maps, he ended up throwing a few together to shut everyone up (or so ive heard) the same goes for the wings, ya know.

RANDOM STUFF THATS GONNA MAKE YOU GO ._. ABOUT THE GAME

-There are 5,122 members of FeralHeart as of June 30th, 12:35AM EST.
-About a third of the members have multiple accounts. (This is a guesstimate from what ive seen)
-Bonfire island, lonely cave, and Ascension Island all have the same heightmap and terrain mask

more to be added when mozilla firefox stops lagging

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:15:05 am by Shiekra. »

CloudFish

Re: Extremely disturbing/mind blowing things regarding this game
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »
I find this amusing.

Also think this can be applied to other gaming/social websites as well, with the stereotypes.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:24:42 pm »
You have a point with some of these.
And one minor correction: there are 154,536 members as of... well, right now. Most, obviously, are either inactive or just multiple accounts. But still. xD

wolfgirl56

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:12 pm »
I found this amusing and shocking at the same time, and as wolffox said, you have a point with some of these.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »
wow. I find this. Well... Mind bogling XD It's such a shame that people are quick to judge and put out stereotypes. A lot of my FH friends are attractive, thou most don't like how they look XD But to just plain out say that is like calling all guy gamers ugly or nerds or something lawl. And to be honest, I've lied a bit about my life mainly becuase I'm super self-conscious about things. Not to mention my parents are super freaks when it comes to who I talk to online. I'm almost 16 dang it XD -in 9 days- But srsly, there may be reasons why someone lies.I srsly think that people are quick to judge when you say one thing.

Wolfaboos XD That's like saying anyone who watches anime is a weaboo.

I agree with map making. I'm not good at despite what people say, but it took me practice. I'm better at presets considering it's been over a year since I've made them and I have over 80. ;3 Just takes time. I personally enjoy seeing what maps people make and know that if they keep at it, even with the default meshes, they can make something good in time.

Mods are awesome. I'm some-what friends with Ringo and Delay, -in a reall good rp with them- and they're fun to  hang out with. Even funny xD

I sorta have a life outside of FH. Thou the computer is more of my thing, I don't spend my time always on FH. But I mean, my parents don't let me go out so yeah... And my friends kinda live far away xD And I'm super literate but that was becuase of practice. I rped awhile on FH in an old fox rp before hitting up some forum rps and growing. I wrote stories too.

And daaaaamn that's a lot of people. I admit, I have 3 accounts. But I use them for video making. So I can have multiple people on at once to record stuff. I can have 4 characters in one shot at a time. But my 2 are really active. So yeah...

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline bigblackbullets

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • shiekra is the definition of awesomeness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »

@Tanglemask: I agree with everything you just said xD but watch the language, buddy c: dont wanna get in trouble with those some-what friends of yours xD but like i said i agree with ya~

@Wolffox: oh shush you xD it says there were the amount of members for the time that the topic was posted lmao. but jeez the accounts add up quick.

@Cloudfish: very true lmao

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:19 am »
This is... rather interesting, there is also people saying "Those who have unnatural colors are 'bisexual'..."

I know people with awkward colors for their gender but that doesn't mean anything. They probably just like the colors...

And I really agree with your points, especially how people don't like certain animal species and talk to them in disgust.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 01:23:15 am »
Ah yes, this... this is really quite accurate about many things. xD

Another thing I've notice is, because you mentioned age and literacy, how many people think that age is always connected with inappropriate users and/or literacy levels. I've met some brilliant 12/13 year olds on here and some very not-so-nice 18-19 year olds.

And on the note with the new maps being... eugh... I agree with people on that and South Pole and Last cave. I don't even...
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:41:58 am »
i've met some rude 13 to 16 year olds i've met rude people of all ages on fh. i've also learned that you can make maps look good with just basic objects. aslo i've been called illiterate for hitting keys on my keyboard in the wrong order by accident i can type 25 words per minute and i do make mistakes but not a lot of them. i had some tell me i should go back to school cause i was and i quote illiterate. do i seem illiterate to you crin?

I don't punctuate but then again i'm one of those people who are too lazy to go back and punctuate after i just typed that much.

what i find is another stereo type is those that use Text chat to rp. like they do while they are rping. and the stereo type noobs are illiterate is stupid. cause when i was noob i wasn't illiterate just lazy. i am and always have been perfectly literate it's just that when you type alot you get lazy trust me i'm very very advanced rper i just have issues with actually doign stuff. see i don't like going back and correcting things.

i'm alos appaled at how people behave towards findign out someone is from america the other day some dude who said the where mexican was insulting some american users who had stated theyw here from the us he kept cursing and being rude to them in the cape.

also you may have missed this stereo type people making canon cahracters that are intended to be male female.

take for example this the other day i saw female optimus prime and female soundwave. I also once saw female Aragorn from lord of the rings. now if you don't know this Optimus Soundwave and Aragorn are all male canon characters.

My issues with that is people don't mess with gender when it comes to canon characters alot of people will yell at you for it. all canon character should be rped in their intended gender a majority of the world iwll correct you for it and it's not good idea to rp them any other way unless it's Naruto uzamaki in which case that characters werid so go ahead and rp as girl.

XD to be honest because i ahve ADHD my cahracters can't keep in character so i usally go weeeeh randomly when i'm rping.

i type too much that my other issue. yes i love to type.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:08:12 am by skyblade »

Offline pipperthenipper

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • SO. MANY. STAFF. CHANGES. SINCE. I. WAS. GONE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:16 am »
I honestly agree with your side of this. Nice job on poinbting this out to those members that are clueless
Fire blazes within all of us,
Elegant and mesmerizing,
Yet destructive and menacing                                        
You must choose your way to see the fire within someone
You must look deep and look at the good or bad