Author Topic: No more liquid rocks!  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
No more liquid rocks!
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:31:53 am »
I hate it when I rp but I can't do it properly when the rocks and trees are like liquid. In real life you can't walk through trees and rocks. It would make rping much more realistic if the rocks and trees wouldn't glitch. I was just on one of my role plays and I have a highrock for my leader. I was trying to get up on the rock but I kept falling through. It was very frustrating. If we didn't have this issue I would be a very happy FHer and I would play more. Please take this under consideration.
~Bookdrive ;)

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: No more liquid rocks!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:33:29 am »
They would have to make INDIVIDUAL shaped collisions and such just to have each one fit perfectly. Not a bad idea overall though.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:49 am »
No, I mean like the rocks can over-lap but they are solid and you won't fall through them. ;)

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 12:47:54 am »
Yes, but they would still have to edit the collision box they throw in with every rock. (Maybe I have the wrong part. e.e)

In each rock, they have a mesh box that they put for you to stand on. Take that out, and you cant stand on it. With the shapes of the rocks, and re-sizing, it would be tough to have one, unless someone actually wanted to take the time to shape one, and make it.

All rocks can over-lap now, but they still have issues like that, even when over lapping.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 12:50:54 am »
Ah, ok. I am not a map maker so I don't know much about these things but thanks for clearing them up. But, once the objects are in the game they should be solid, like the rocks and tree, not plants. I think it would be much nicer for rping.  ;)

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 01:05:19 am »
You know, I believe if you go into object maker and select the rock you are talking about, you can delete those strange yellow collision boxes and check "own collision". It may slow down your game but if you are really that adamant about it, it could help you. (:

Offline Bookdrive

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 01:10:31 am »
I am all about realistic things on here so slowing it down would be a bummer. But again, I don't know much about map making and I need more experience in it. ;)

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 07:01:34 am »
No way to learn but by tampering with it. And you can't know if it slows you down without trying. If it isn't worth the lag, just uncheck the box and put in some of your own collisions

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 04:51:58 pm »
Well, if you wanted to have rocks with specific collisions in a map of your own, that can be done pretty easily.
When you're in Object Maker, find the object of your choice (say it's those overlapping rocks you see in Fluorite). Load it, then go to the Collisions tab. Click on the yellow boxes that you'll see (those are collision boxes) and select 'Delete'. Then you can go to the Mesh tab, and check the "Own Collision" box. The rock will now be totally solid. Save the object into whatever file you'd like, and then place it in your map.
Woot woot, technical stoofs.

However, even if you did this, it wouldn't affect the rocks in public maps. They're encrypted, so no tampering of the object files will cause them to change shapes/collisions.
Also, anothe reason those quirky collisions boxes that are currently on them is partially to reduce lag. I know from experience that those rocks, when made totally solid, lag to some degree. There's already enough lag to go around in Fluorite, so it's safe to say that little ways of saving someone's computer the work in our most popular map is kinda nice. At least for some floofs, anyway~

Rocks be quirky, but at least you can fix them in your own custom maps if you choose. ^-^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||