Author Topic: If I have lots of meshes... [Solved]  (Read 1539 times)

Offline BlackRidgeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Wolves for life <3
    • View Profile
If I have lots of meshes... [Solved]
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:18:44 am »
If I install lots of meshes will feralheart get slower or crash more? I already have problems with it crashing or getting bad tokens so before I download meshes I would like to know this...  an answer would be great!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:04:02 pm by Sameth »

Download to see my preset---> http://www.mediafire.com/?7deox0ebd6d5v84

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: If I have lots of meshes...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21:28 am »
If you can get low poly meshes they wont do much, However if your computer runs slowly already if you use really detailed meshes it might make you lag a bit more, However it should not lag in public maps like Fluorite bonfire all those other ones. But as I said it depends on weather your computer runs well or not if it runs well then go for it use the meshes if not I suggest you try and stick to the low poly meshes.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline BlackRidgeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Wolves for life <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 01:26:16 am »
If you can get low poly meshes they wont do much, However if your computer runs slowly already if you use really detailed meshes it might make you lag a bit more, However it should not lag in public maps like Fluorite bonfire all those other ones. But as I said it depends on weather your computer runs well or not if it runs well then go for it use the meshes if not I suggest you try and stick to the low poly meshes.
    Well I have a PC laptop that is about 2 years old... i only really lag in flourite plains because of the facts that tons of people are there. Would that mean that I can download any meshes or stick to the other ones? (sorry for bother you)

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:09 am »
    Well I have a PC laptop that is about 2 years old... i only really lag in flourite plains because of the facts that tons of people are there. Would that mean that I can download any meshes or stick to the other ones? (sorry for bother you)

Then the lag is only there because of the amount of people that are in a map with you, If you make a private map with those meshes with fewer people in said map it shouldn't cause a problem.
Here are some meshes for you to look through.

http://onelittlecorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fhdownloads&action=display&thread=6

Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline BlackRidgeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Wolves for life <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 02:43:10 am »

Then the lag is only there because of the amount of people that are in a map with you, If you make a private map with those meshes with fewer people in said map it shouldn't cause a problem.
Here are some meshes for you to look through.

http://onelittlecorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fhdownloads&action=display&thread=6

Ok thanks so much for the help! Also thanks for that link those meshes are awesome!

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:29 am »
Just going to add that you can actually download as many meshes as you like, even detailed/high poly ones, the only time it makes your FH lag is if you go into a map with those meshes in them :) (or load them in the object or map maker)

So going to a place like Fluorite or Bonfire, you will not lag any more than usual. C:
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline BlackRidgeWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Wolves for life <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:20 pm »