Author Topic: Problems With Getting Downloaded Objects In Game? [Solved]  (Read 1637 times)

SummerGlade

Problems With Getting Downloaded Objects In Game? [Solved]
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:29 pm »
Okay, before you say anything, yes I KNOW there are tutorials for stuff like this, but is something rather strange (to me, at least) has happened, and I feel the need to to ask. So, here it is:
Recently, I`ve been downloading lots of objects for my maps. I would unzip them if need be, and stick them in my objects file. But for some reason, they still won`t work. Actually, let me expand on that; some of them work, but the majority do not. That`s why I`m really confused. Two of the files out of a LOT work. This doesn`t make any sense to me at all. >.< Help please?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:47:14 am by SummmerGlade »

CloudFish

Re: Problems With Getting Downloaded Objects In Game?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:33:56 pm »
To make most custom objects work, you need to manually add them into game via object maker.

This means you have to open up object maker, and manually enter the name of the mesh into the mesh tab. Like basiccube.mesh will load the basic cube with the default rock texture.

In most cases, these downloaded meshes will automatically load the required textures.

I'm assuming this is what you're having problems with?

Remember when adding custom meshes, to create a Custom Group. This means when saving the mesh in object maker, save the mesh name and then as the group, save as "SummerObjects" or something to that effect, whatever your username may be. Or you can group objects based on their purpose or subject, i.e custom plants, custom rocks, etc.

SummerGlade

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:11:37 pm »
I started doing that, so I guess I`ll just continue. Even if it takes forever. x.x Thanks for offering your help.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »
It's the only way to get them into game. Lengthy process yes, but is only way.

SummerGlade

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:45 pm »
I have another question; what do I do with .object files? Do I treat them as normal, or what?

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »
,object and .fho are two different file types. .object is the "group" of yours. Most useful for other map makers if you were to release a mesh.

.Fho is the exported objects file people need to see your meshes. Should be included in all downloads of your maps.

SummerGlade

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46:40 am »
Okay, thanks.

Offline Spartathewolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • My Path is Lit for me, and im the one who lit it!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Problems With Getting Downloaded Objects In Game? [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:09 am »
sence we are on the topic of objecs, I have been playing the game for a couple years and is still a total newb at map making. So much of a newb idk how to download new objects. o-o Help? I ask everyone on my rp maps and they say, the forms sparta the forms! im like, "where ppl where!" then there is an akward silents and the rp starts again. Help me get animals like deer, rabbit, mice ect plz

CloudFish

Re: Problems With Getting Downloaded Objects In Game? [Solved]
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 06:23:32 am »
Do not post on other people's topics. Do not post on solved topics. Do not merge two completely different topics in one thread.

If you bothered taking a look around the forums in the least, would have been easy find.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=86.0