Author Topic: Downloaded Map, Failed to Connect to Server?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Hazelstiltskin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nyahaha~
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt! :D
Downloaded Map, Failed to Connect to Server?
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »
So I downloaded a multiplayer map that worked since the beginning, and ever since the day the FeralHeart server had been offline it fails to connect. I've tried reinstalling, and using a different character also on that map, and it just tells me failed to connect to map server, opposed to the usual token or two and then letting me in.

I understand it might be because of the whole host server issue, but I want to know if I'm the only one dealing with this or how I can fix it. If anyone knows, leave a comment please~! <3

- Hazel the Melon!
"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

CloudFish

Re: Downloaded Map, Failed to Connect to Server?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »
No, we're all dealing with our maps going down. It happens. Once the server gets another restart, you should be able to get back in. Until then, all you can do is wait.

Offline ALaLex

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:32:18 am »
I'm having the same troubles, but it only applies to some maps and not others. Thanks Cloudfish, I'm glad it's not permanent. But is there any clue as to when this server restart will happen?

Offline Arroq

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 01:07:28 am »
It's been happening to me as well, I have un and reinstalled the game and everything. But again like what Lexie asked: Is there any clue as to when the next server restart will be?

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:10:30 am »
It really depends if the server gets really bad the the admins MAY restart it again but normally it i once a week and seeing as the last restart was yesterday it could be next friday that it happens.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline ComplicatedCool

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:17:26 am »
Ok, one of my maps wont load and I have my char in it. The map won't load, and you guys may not restart for awhile it seems...My question is If I delete that char will it disband the pack she is Alpha of?

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 01:21:56 am »
Yes it will, You could try removing the fhm file for that map and log into a black abyss then warp home to lonely cave. I heard that works for some users.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline ComplicatedCool

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 01:26:24 am »
it wont even load up that way either, i tried. i was just curious if she got deleted if the pack would disband so i could restart it with the same name.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 01:34:11 am »
Yeah well if you delete you character your group will be disbanded if that answers your question.

razorRapid122

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »
Well try doing this... I usally do it and it works but... After it dosnt work go ahead in delete the portal.. put dont delete The compressed zip folder It is in. so go into The compressed zip folder And copy the map again or everything inside And repaste- Into exports. "Sorry if its confusing. XD