Author Topic: Greetings and questions! (hopefully some answers as well)  (Read 822 times)

PINfont

Greetings and questions! (hopefully some answers as well)
« on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:44 pm »
Hello everybody, I've been a fan of games where one can play as an animal, instead of just raising them, for a long time, so FeralHeart, an ONLINE game just like that seemed perfect. I've already been playing for about an hour, and now I have some questions, hopefully I like the answers! ;D

First, the most important question. Is there infact roleplaying in FeralHeart? So far I've just seen wolves and lions running around, or doing some other such thing. Now I know that is, infact, what they do. But do people ever "speak" in their roleplays? That's really the question.

Second question: If the answer to the first question is yes, then how does one go about finding people to roleplay with? I assume you do not simply ask random people via whispers if they want to rp or not, though if so.. Please do say!

My final question: How do I get to user made areas? I've seen that us players and create landscapes and such, but have no idea how to get to one beside the ones that are accessible by walking around.

Thank you for your time!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and questions! (hopefully some answers as well)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:58 am »
Hello Reece, welcome to Feralheart :)

There is roleplaying in Feralheart, you see a lot of it in Fluorite Plains. I can give you directions there if you want, when Feralheart is at its busiest then there are lots of roleplaying going on. People talk using the chat, so yes they talk. Usually people rp in group chat, so only the people in the group can see their posts in the chat box.
You can make a group by going pressing the "." button on your keyboard then type in the name of your group then click the "Create" button. You can send others requests by double clicking them and choosing the "Send Group Invite" option.

You can actually advertise your own rp group if there arent any going on. A lot of people use the "General" chat to advertise about their rp. If you are advertising you can ask the people around you if they're interested, you can use the whisper if you want to though.

Those are called "maps". You can find out about making maps on this thread as there are lots of tutorials.
https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18898.0
If your wondering, instead of having flat land for your map you can make heightmaps using programs such as GIMP or photoshop. This way you can have rivers, mountains etc.

Maps are created in Map Maker, you can also download other peoples maps on this board.
https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=21.0

I hope i've answered your questions well enough :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.