Author Topic: Best item rendering soft ware  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Renagade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Best item rendering soft ware
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »
 8)okay hears the deal, I'm picking up my old hobby of 3D rendering, with some long time dormant skills, so! I'm looking for what you guys think is the best FREE 3D rendering software program. i have a very tight budget, but if i can get this to work, i hope to bring many new items to FH! ideal programs will: have a 3D view of the project even when working.
import/save/render .mesh files and be 100% user friendly! (NONE OPTIONAL!)

(NOTE: I currently have "Blender" but not as user friendly as i thought :P )
(optional: have an in program coloring function)

these are minimal standards for me, your input will be most helpful, THANK YOU and WISH ME LUCK!)

note:
One such item i wish to render is my "Adv. item req. in the mods/addons" section of the website for back mounted cannon and mecha Armor, though i wish to have the cannon and armor as separate items, and the armor based on helm, body, and leg, and have a heavy, medium, and light set. (as well as several cannons including but not limited to: long range, auto, heavy, and repair)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:08:30 pm by Renagade »
Grieve hard, then, the shadows of the ones gone before, will Leave you with the joy that should rightfully be yours.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Best item rendering soft ware
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:05:10 am »
You can try Anim8tor: http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

It's less confusing than Blender. Tried it once, was able to actually figure out how to do things in it, unlike Blender |D