Author Topic: Deleting maps  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Deleting maps
« on: July 27, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »
How do you delete a map?

I noticed that the Cape is getting very filled with my wonderful mappies, and I need wings to get to some. I went to map maker and couldn't figure out how to delete them.

Aweu

Re: Deleting maps
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »
You need to go to the FeralHeart folder, and into terrains and delete the map from there. And also, delete the export to fully delete the map.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:31 pm »
Pretty much as Aweu already explained.

If you only download maps the export folder is the place you need to clean out, it's just to delete the .fhm files with the map name that you wish to get rid off, the .obj files can be deleted if you know which ones that belongs to which map, but if unsure you can always leave them if you reinstall the map again or if other maps use the same object groups.

But if you made a map yourself and exported it you'd have portals to the map at two places since exported maps work pretty much the same same way as a map folder inside of the "FeralHeart/media/terrains" folder. The only difference is that the exported files are encrypted and consist out of less files. If you still wish to save a map you have but still want to get rid of the portals in cape, just remove the exported version of the map, then go into the map maker and uncheck the "has portal" and just save it.

This way you will still have the maps if you want to edit them in the future or use them again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:56 pm »
Alright, got it!!

Thanks!

Aweu