Author Topic: Map Crashing  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Alaska-kitty

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Call Meh Kitteh >:3
    • View Profile
Map Crashing
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »
Guys I need help, everytime I try to load my map to add some new stuff in it, it freezes and says "Feral Heart has stopped working" but that is only that one map! When I log on it is normal and I can enter the map but I need to finish it! But I just cant. Read more here http://alaska27cat.deviantart.com/journal/PLEASE-HELP-320958882

Thank You!

IfritDjinn

Re: Map Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:29:01 pm »
Hi Kitty,

I'm sorry to hear you have Map-Crashing. It's probably the lack of MG\GB (Mega-Bytes\Giga Bytes) so you should delete items you don't use anymore on your desktop. Best results are if you re-install the game or update it with the Torrents. Also, map crashing might be because of too many items in your map. Hope this helps.

Offline Alaska-kitty

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »
But once I re-install FH wont my map be gone? Also I got plenty of GB in my computer.

IfritDjinn

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »
Probably you can Import your previous map into your restarted FH?

Offline Alaska-kitty

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:40:48 pm »
But then I cant really edit it...

Offline kaylaserket

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:27 pm »
Uninstall FeralHeart, the Media/Exports/Presets/My_presets/Screenshots folders will still remain. Copy those folders and paste them in another folder that is not FeralHeart. Then delete the Feralheart folder. Then download and install the game again. After it's done, copy the same folders and paste them into the FeralHeart folder. Let them overwrite. Your custom everything will then not be lost.
Hopefully this will fix it.
Also double check your heightmap is: 513 x 513, .png, one layer, grayscale, no alpha channel. If any of these things are not right, it will make the game crash.