Author Topic: Sekhmet  (Read 1948 times)

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • To your DOOM you may come
    • View Profile
Sekhmet
« on: October 13, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
Name: Sekhmet

Species: Lion

Background: a blood thirsty lioness set loose by the God Ra to rid the land of all evil and cruel humans. Soon becomes out of hand and is brought back to Ra who wants to change her into goddess of life. Sekhmet doesn't want this, but Ra does his magic has she is running so he only strips her of her blood thirstiness, but she gets out with most of her original powers, but she has new powers now.

Power: able to heal anyone, bring people back from the brink of death, and of course start fights. Can not die, is immortal

Favorite thing to do: Guard who ever will take her in to their pride, and fight who every threatens he pride.

Looking for: A mate and Pride to protect

Found mostly at: Bonfire Island and Feral Lands
~To your DOOM you may come~ Hades UW God

Ghostsundermybed

Re: Sekhmet
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:13:03 pm »

<If you don't mind, I think adding a bit more information could be helpful here. Like- how old is she, (judging from the bio you'd probably want to shoot for somewhere around 100,000 years or more. Based on your obvious usage of Egyptian culture, maybe tie into that time period?)>

Background: a blood thirsty lioness set loose by the god Ra to rid the land of all evil and cruel humans.
<Why are the humans in this history so cruel? Why is it required that they are destroyed? A bit more specification if that's alright with you.>
Soon becomes out of hand
Why is this? Was she set off by a trigger? Did she succeed in decimating the evil, and had to satiate her want of blood?>
and is brought back to Ra who wants to change her into godess of life.
<again, if you could just tell us why this happened, please?>
 Sekhmet doesn't want this,<Why, though?> but Ra does his magic has she is running so he only strips her of her blood thirstiness, but she gets out with most of her original powers, but she has new powers now. < why does she have new powers now?>

Power: able to heal anyone, bring people back from the brink of death, and of course start fights. Can not die, is immortal
< Okay, I reeeeaaaalllly hate to gripe about powers- because I don't like telling people what to do with their characters, or I don't think highly of something about that character- but she just seems to maybe have too many powers? I'm not sure, because this is just my personal opinion- but I just maybe think she might be overpowered. (sorry.) Maybe you're just not being specific enough for me- because I can't really see the boundaries of these powers- so maybe all it needs is to be specified.>

Favorite thing to do: Guard who ever will take her in to their pride, and fight who every threatens he pride.

< If you don't mind, I think maybe adding a personality section might be helpful. Thanks. Also, since you don't have a picture- maybe just a physical description?>

I like the Egyptian culture inspiration in this character, and what's written about her is pretty good so far.
I'm sorry that I think she might have ?too many powers, but again, that's only my own opinion, take it as seriously as you would like. I'm sorry if I've offended you by being so rude or too critical of your character- and a lot of it seems just fine and dandy! But if you could maybe be a bit more specific and just elabourate more on her.

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:29:29 pm »

<If you don't mind, I think adding a bit more information could be helpful here. Like- how old is she, (judging from the bio you'd probably want to shoot for somewhere around 100,000 years or more. Based on your obvious usage of Egyptian culture, maybe tie into that time period?)>

Background: a blood thirsty lioness set loose by the god Ra to rid the land of all evil and cruel humans.
<Why are the humans in this history so cruel? Why is it required that they are destroyed? A bit more specification if that's alright with you.>
Soon becomes out of hand
Why is this? Was she set off by a trigger? Did she succeed in decimating the evil, and had to satiate her want of blood?>
and is brought back to Ra who wants to change her into godess of life.
<again, if you could just tell us why this happened, please?>
 Sekhmet doesn't want this,<Why, though?> but Ra does his magic has she is running so he only strips her of her blood thirstiness, but she gets out with most of her original powers, but she has new powers now. < why does she have new powers now?>

< Okay, I reeeeaaaalllly hate to gripe about powers- because I don't like telling people what to do with their characters, or I don't think highly of something about that character- but she just seems to maybe have too many powers? I'm not sure, because this is just my personal opinion- but I just maybe think she might be overpowered. (sorry.) Maybe you're just not being specific enough for me- because I can't really see the boundaries of these powers- so maybe all it needs is to be specified.>

< If you don't mind, I think maybe adding a personality section might be helpful. Thanks. Also, since you don't have a picture- maybe just a physical description?>

I like the Egyptian culture inspiration in this character, and what's written about her is pretty good so far.
I'm sorry that I think she might have ?too many powers, but again, that's only my own opinion, take it as seriously as you would like. I'm sorry if I've offended you by being so rude or too critical of your character- and a lot of it seems just fine and dandy! But if you could maybe be a bit more specific and just elabourate more on her.

I would gladly do so if people want to take 5-10 minutes to read my characters bio. So up to the people if they want more info. Message me if you want more detail on Sekhmet though.

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Live in the present, strive for the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:53:01 pm »
I would gladly do so if people want to take 5-10 minutes to read my characters bio. So up to the people if they want more info. Message me if you want more detail on Sekhmet though.

Kayla, most of us that look at the different characters and their bios actually don't mind spending a while Reading bios, other wise we would simply not look on here.  I do like the basis behind your character, but as Ghost said, more info on why things happen to her would be nice
<--The Hunt-->

Life is the great hunt. We are both hunted and
hunters, hunting and being hunted for love, life, and
happiness...

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:02:33 pm »

Kayla, most of us that look at the different characters and their bios actually don't mind spending a while Reading bios, other wise we would simply not look on here.  I do like the basis behind your character, but as Ghost said, more info on why things happen to her would be nice

I will updating on Sekhmet later!!! Her bio is quite long!!!

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 05:00:26 pm »

Species: Lioness

Background: Ra, ruled Egypt as its first pharaoh for many of thousands of years. Then, Ra grew old, and the people, Humans, he had created began to speak scornfully of him. The Humans looked for a new ruler and Ra was angered by this. He summoned all the gods into his council chamber and spoke. "Hear and know that rebellion has been plotted against me, so that I long to destroy people utterly. Tell me, is it not fitting that I should turn my Eye on them and scorch them?" (You see, Ra is the Sun God and he sees everything that goes on in the world through the sun, which is his eye) Everyone pleaded with Ra not to destroy all human life, but "Seek only those that are rebellious and tear them to pieces." With this Re replied, "I will send my Eye into the world as Sekhmet, to destroy the guilty." Then Sekhmet, a terrible lioness, leapt from the Eye of Ra. Thirsting for blood, she bounded into the desert hills where conspirators had hidden themselves. Sekhmet scented them out, killing and destroying and rejoicing in her work, until she waded in blood. Sekhmet went up and down the land tearing apart the good and the bad with no one to stop her. And day by day her hunger grew, until the Nile ran red with blood. Ra saw no one could control her, and devised a plan. The plan was to get the goddess drunk with an alcohol that looked like blood and change her into the Great Mother-Goddess, Queen of Love. All did not go as planned. When Sekhmet woke up to see a vast pool of "blood" she lapped it up happily and soon became drunk. Ra called for her to come back to him in peace and she did so. As he was going to change her from Sekhmet the Slayer to Hathor the Comforter of Humankind, Sekhmet began to get uneasy. She started running, for she did not want to be changed, but Ra was all ready at work turning her from cold hearted to warm hearted and loving. He only got part way through the transformation when Sekhmet made her escape back to Earth. Only she was not blood thirsty, she wanted to help and proved for others. A mother like instinct had kicked in, but her lion form, fierce out bursts, and tendency to fight was still there. She had powers she never had before. She was able to heal the sick, bring those on the brink of death back, and sometimes break up fights. But one thing about being a child of a God is that she could never die, wounded and scared, yes, but killed was hard to do.

Powers:
1) Able to heal anyone- all she has to do is put her paw on the head and pray to Ra or the respected god needed to heal the creature. Her eyes will glow and the creature usually comes back to their former selves within a few minutes.

2) Bring people back from the brink of death- she has to sit next to the creatures head and put a paw on their head and their chest and pray to Anubis (Guardian of the Dead), either to guide their spirit safely through the Spirit World or pray to Anubis and ask for this life not to be taken yet. Usually time for recovery for this is about 2 minutes in which the creature is in a meditative trance until he/she heals.

3) Break up fights- she can usually talk the two out of the fight,  but if not she loves watching a good fighting match.

Favorite thing to do: Guard who ever will take her in to their pride, and fight who every threatens the pride.

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »
Picture coming soon.

Offline Larka13

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »
O.o I love bloodthirsty characters. ME GUSTA.

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »
thx